2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:
No Lemon Here!
By chrysler200 on 07/12/14 10:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to say I must have a properly assembled 200 convertible. I purchased the 2011 new, drove it to the mid-west and back to California and it performed beautifully. Loved the comfort level with the seating. I still have it, have done the proper services and it has had absolutely no issues what-so-ever. Nothing. The interior is actually quieter than my previous convertible. Almost 40,000 miles later, it still feels like a new car. Oh, it is a 4-cylinder, so great gas mileage. It has been reliable, comfortable seating/roomy, Good trunk space, and interior buttons easily assessable (on steering wheel AND on front console.

2011 Convertible - owned 15 months
By dave1974 on 06/17/13 21:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car in November of 2011 - white S convertible with V6-drove it about 13K miles. In response to other reviews: -Headlight distance is fine high or low beam -Handling (except torque steer) is great -Hard to soft accelerate from start -Convertible top itself worked well -Gas mileage was only 17 in town and 28 highway at best -Torque steer is HORRIBLE -Windshield visibility limited due to heavy bracing on header and sides -Convertible top operation good -Transmission started 'bucking' at 2,800 miles - never fixed on 4 tries - know 2 others personally with this problem - had to file lemon law on them and make them rebuy this car

BUYING THIS CAR: A BAD DECISION!
By 40willys on 05/16/13 22:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let me begin by saying this is my wife's car and she is mostly happy it. However, she is not a car person. This is a car for old folks; there is nothing young, exciting or sexy about this short, stubby looking, boring car. It has a dead spot in the accelerator and the car doesn't move until you've pressed pedal down over an inch; dealer says that's normal. It had a water leak where the driver's door glass meets the "A" pillar; took 3 tries to repair it. Handling at speed is almost dangerous with lots of torque steer and no road feedback through the electric power steering. Fuel economy is poor (17 MPG combined). Trunk lid is very heavy due to convertible top mechanism that's attached to it.

I WANT to love this car!!
By surby66 on 06/17/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really do love driving this car. I bought it brand new, but I have had several issues that I've never had with other new cars that I've purchased. The convertible top has gotten stuck several times; the driver's side window squeaks terribly; the brakes began squeaking terribly within the first 1000 miles; the horn sound has become very low (the dealership says it's normal... but it didn't sound like that until recently); it got stuck in Park (gear shifter was bad); the dealership busted the center console fixing it & then ordered the wrong color console; and I get SOAKED from run-off when I open the door after it has rained. Hoping that will be all the issues. Sure is fun to drive!

Vehicle stalling intermittently
By concerned25 on 05/02/12 16:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2011 Limited convertible for 1 year and it has stalled on my about 10 times within the last year. I have brought it in numerous times and they are unable to identify what the problem is since no code is generated. Very concerned with this issue. I have called Chrysler HQ and they are researching this. There have been many other people that have posted issues with their vehicles stalling also. I do enjoy driving the vehicle and would have been extremely happy with it; but now that it stalled on me while I was in the middle of an intersection it is very concerning to me. I would not recommend buying this car until they resolve the issue.

Disappointed
By selfstarter on 09/15/11 08:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 5 months and there have been several issues that have me wanting to get rid of it. Since the test drive the windshield has made me feel like I am looking through glasses and contacts at the same time. It is terrible uncomfortable. I actually went back to the dealership after purchase and test drove another only to have the same discomfort. Night time driving is impossible due to the headlights not lighting up the road unless I have my brights on. The dealership tested the angle of the headlights and found no adjustments to be needed. Also when raining, don't dare open the window or door unless you want to be soaked.

Great car so far
By shane31 on 09/04/11 23:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently taded my 2008 Avenger on a new 200 limited Convertible. I only have about 700 miles on it so far, but it's been great. I know the new hasn't worn off yet. I liked the Avenger, it was comfortable and I averaged around 24-26 in my daily driving, 32 on Hwy with the 2.4 four cylinder. However, the 200 is in another league, it's really luxurious. It seems to be put together much better with a more solid feel. Everything in the interior is of a much higher quality. Much more quiet than the Avenger, and that was a sedan. A very good value for the money. All this plus a much more powerful engine and I'm still getting 23.3 mpg( no hwy trip yet) with the same type of driving.

First Chrysler
By acer51 on 09/04/11 03:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first Chrysler I have purchased. 200 Convertible. Traded in a Toyota Solora Convertible. So far So Good. Really like the 200. Drives nice and has super nice styling inside and out. I am a bigger person and there is plenty of room in the front seat. Back seat space is limited for most people. A great value and is loaded with features.

Funny Story!
By mh200 on 08/11/11 19:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I never thought in a million years that I would buy a Chrysler product. I drove my 2006 Supercharged Mustang to the dealership before they opened on a Sunday morning to look at a used Saleen Mustang. As I got to the dealership I saw a Bright white Chrysler 200 Convertible on the Showroom patio, and surprise surprise it was left unlocked. I got in it and was absolutely floored on how nice it was. I looked at the car for so long that the Sales team arrived as I was looking at the car. I went on a test drive and the rest is history. So why all the bad "Expert Reviews?'' the car is no BMW, but look at the reviews from the people whom actually own one! Good-bye Ford, I will never look back!

Love my 200 convertible
By jayes200 on 06/02/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutley love my 200 limited convertible. It came fully loaded, more than I could ask for in my budget. It's always getting looks. The inside is sexy....and the truck is more than enough.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible in VA is:

$154 per month*