Used 2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Most Helpful|
No Lemon Here!
By chrysler200

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After reading some of these reviews, I have to say I must have a properly assembled 200 convertible. I purchased the 2011 new, drove it to the mid-west and back to California and it performed beautifully. Loved the comfort level with the seating. I still have it, have done the proper services and it has had absolutely no issues what-so-ever. Nothing. The interior is actually quieter than my previous convertible. Almost 40,000 miles later, it still feels like a new car. Oh, it is a 4-cylinder, so great gas mileage. It has been reliable, comfortable seating/roomy, Good trunk space, and interior buttons easily assessable (on steering wheel AND on front console.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, ambient lighting, UConnect phone, interior buttons extremely assessable (most functions can be performed by a button on the steering wheel: Radio station scan, volume controls, phone, other vehicle info from the menu button (i.e. tire guage, directional/compass, miles left to empty, etc.), sliding center armrest for convenience, roomy trunk and interior, Steering wheel size, and love the retro dash clock.

2011 Convertible - owned 15 months
By dave1974

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car in November of 2011 - white S convertible with V6-drove it about 13K miles. In response to other reviews: -Headlight distance is fine high or low beam -Handling (except torque steer) is great -Hard to soft accelerate from start -Convertible top itself worked well -Gas mileage was only 17 in town and 28 highway at best -Torque steer is HORRIBLE -Windshield visibility limited due to heavy bracing on header and sides -Convertible top operation good -Transmission started 'bucking' at 2,800 miles - never fixed on 4 tries - know 2 others personally with this problem - had to file lemon law on them and make them rebuy this car

Favorite Features

-seat comfort -handling (except torque steer which was horrible under strong acceleration), almost no body roll convertible top worked well (but drivers window wouldn't go up all the way sometimes) -I thought the looks/styling was better in person (on Chrysler site pictures made it look old and fuddy duddy) -included removable mesh 'wind break' though it does not stay in place well, when installed does a nice job of removing wind buffet

Suggested Improvements

Transmission was horrible!!! - they replaced the battery (yup, even though it would raise and lower the top without the engine running), the power train control module, the carburator throttle body, power train throttle valve, and finally - dielectric grease on all wiring harness connections - that was their final (and 4th failed attempt) to fix transmission bucking at various speeds. Also the radio, left channel, went bad, some soft touch switches on the steering wheel and finally sticking in 5th gear which they never even tried to fix. I know 2 others personally with transmission problems. Do not buy this car - you were fairly warned! They haven't fixed this issue.

BUYING THIS CAR: A BAD DECISION!
By 40willys

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Let me begin by saying this is my wife's car and she is mostly happy it. However, she is not a car person. This is a car for old folks; there is nothing young, exciting or sexy about this short, stubby looking, boring car. It has a dead spot in the accelerator and the car doesn't move until you've pressed pedal down over an inch; dealer says that's normal. It had a water leak where the driver's door glass meets the "A" pillar; took 3 tries to repair it. Handling at speed is almost dangerous with lots of torque steer and no road feedback through the electric power steering. Fuel economy is poor (17 MPG combined). Trunk lid is very heavy due to convertible top mechanism that's attached to it.

Favorite Features

We bought this car because it was the only 4 passenger convertible with front wheel drive in its price range. Head rests are very comfortable (Mustang could learn a lesson from that).

Suggested Improvements

Restyle this car so it is attractive, youthful and exciting. Go back to a conventional top that folds into a well behind the rear seat. That will reduce the height of the car as well as the price, as there won't be all that mechanism that opens and closes the deck lid to allow the top to store there. Drop the hard top option; it's pricey, adds weight to the car and reduces performance and fuel economy. Fix the suspension to reduce torque steer, enhance road feedback through steering wheel. Front seat bottom cushion is too thin; the seat heater can be felt through the cushion. due to wedge shape of the body, vision through the back window is limited. Fit and finish is poor.

Vehicle stalling intermittently
By concerned25

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2011 Limited convertible for 1 year and it has stalled on my about 10 times within the last year. I have brought it in numerous times and they are unable to identify what the problem is since no code is generated. Very concerned with this issue. I have called Chrysler HQ and they are researching this. There have been many other people that have posted issues with their vehicles stalling also. I do enjoy driving the vehicle and would have been extremely happy with it; but now that it stalled on me while I was in the middle of an intersection it is very concerning to me. I would not recommend buying this car until they resolve the issue.

Favorite Features

Love the hard top convertible

Suggested Improvements

Fix the stalling problems. Make the dashboard more compact.

I WANT to love this car!!
By surby66

2011 Chrysler 200 Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really do love driving this car. I bought it brand new, but I have had several issues that I've never had with other new cars that I've purchased. The convertible top has gotten stuck several times; the driver's side window squeaks terribly; the brakes began squeaking terribly within the first 1000 miles; the horn sound has become very low (the dealership says it's normal... but it didn't sound like that until recently); it got stuck in Park (gear shifter was bad); the dealership busted the center console fixing it & then ordered the wrong color console; and I get SOAKED from run-off when I open the door after it has rained. Hoping that will be all the issues. Sure is fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the design of the top over the door so that you don't have a waterfall after it has rained. The headlight beams need to be brighter or adjusted better.