2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Volt model:

2017 Volt LT The ultimate commuter car
By Alex from California

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I did a lot of research and test driving before I picked the Volt. I wanted to spend the least amount of money I could on commuting everyday but do not want to sacrifice the refinement, comfort, utility and fun of a new sporty sedan. This car fit the bill almost perfectly for me. First the money: The price of the car comes out to about the same as a Prius when you factor in all the incentives (dealer and government). In my opinion after driving them both I would pay $5000 more than for a Prius still feel I got a good value. If you usually would go under 100 miles or so between charges your energy costs are going to be lower than any other hybrid currently in the market with the Volt. Since my total commute between charges is about 50 miles I only use electricity, the cheapest energy available to me. In my area the power company also gave me a check for $300 (free commuting for a year!) and a lower power rate overnight when charging my Volt. Refinement and Comfort: The Volt does better in this area than the compact/sub compact hybrids like the Prius and C-Max Hybrids (that to me are just a chore to drive), but not quite as good as the larger Fusion and Sonata Hybrids. Ultimately this will depend on taste and what you expect from your car but for me I have been use to bigger luxury type cars for a while so this was important to me. The smooth quiet commute, technology and integration with my Android Phone (it has it for Apple as well) sold me. Utility: Paying only for cheaper electricity for my commute is great, knowing I could still go unlimited miles or over big hills with no hassle when needed is even better. This is what turned me off to a electricity only (EV) car. Also being big enough to fit all of my family (4) easily was also important to me, even though I would use this car almost exclusively for daily commutes and short trips around town. Finally the Fun: I think this is what put me over the edge with this car, it is actually fun to drive. Quick, smooth acceleration and reasonable grip (probably due to batteries creating a low center of gravity). All in all, it is my ultimate commuter car.

Incredible!
By Jane Vaccaro

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Traded in our BMW 328i, the Volt is our favorite car we have owned. We are sold!

Great but less than EPA range of Electric and fuel
By Shane Hemeryck

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Fuel and electric miles so far are about 15% lower for both than shown on the sticker. I've let the dealership know but haven't received an answer, I'm hoping the range gets better as the system learns to approximate better. Everything else has been great, it's quiet, comfortable, quick and easy to drive.

My great volt
By Don Shaw

Wow , what a great car

Volt is the answer
By GreenHugger

2017 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is the most misunderstood car out there. I recently sold my Camry and got this. I absolutely love this car. Enjoy every moment of driving. I use 11.3. kWh to commute 58 miles a day. It still had 15 miles left (in CA climate)