2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Volt model:

Mark Ray
By Marky Mark

2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Very complex car sometime even the mechanic doesn't know how to replace or fix it. Already spent 6500 on maintenance. I do not recommend chevy volt to anyone. Customer support is very poor. Warranty issues very poor. I will never buy domestic car again after such a bad experience with the vehicle.

Quite & fun car to drive but needs improve in intr
By Dan Lee

2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Performance of how quickly it accelerates, how well it handles turns and how quite the ride are consistent with the reviews of others. I especially like the adaptive cruise control that comes with 2017; this feature along with lane assist feature may not work perfectly all the time but comes handy in highly congested traffic and if I ever doze off while driving. Four things that I wish Chevy Volt had to make it a nearly perfect car are : 1) have option of moon roof 2) home link 3) have handle above the window for passenger to hold onto 4) front camera view to inform how close my front bump is.

A car you find reasons to drive
By Torsten Waurig

2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Purchased the car January 2, 2016. I had researched and driven every make and model that came close to 30 miles per gallon freeway and during this I found the 2016 Chevrolet volt was being delivered to dealers soon. I called dealerships within a three hundred mile radius and when the first one was delivered I rushed down state and test drove the volt. To say I was instantly impressed would be an understatement. This car is so well engineered and performance and economy were so outstanding that I instantly ordered a silver LT with comfort package and bose sound. I have 13000 miles on the car now and not a single issue. Charge overnight on 110 (solar equipped residence) and cost to drive is next to nothing. Was previously spending $300 a month on gas. Remember when you first got your license and you used to find reasons to go to the store just so you could drive? This car produces the same emotional response. A little sappy, I know, but WOW. GM has designed a wonderful combination of efficiency, technology and performance.

Love the volt
By STEVE

2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Premier 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I grew up driving triumph sports cars and then moved on the Honda Accords. The volt is quicker than a Spitfire and better than a Honda Accord in every way. I can carry my wife, my daughter, my dog and a bicycle without any trouble. I'm averaging over 150 miles per gallon and since I have solar panels the cost of operation is about .02 cents per mile. I drive about 35 miles a day and then when I take the occasional 100 mile trip it uses one gallon of gas. I had a bad back until I bought the volt and now have no problems with long trips etc. I can not think of one thing that I have given up by driving an electric car.

Volt and Solar Panels are a great payback
By Ray

2016 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Car handles very nice, fun to drive. No complaints. You can read other reviews for the "car" reviews, I am going to talk about the financial aspects. Last year I bought a 24 panel Solar System that cost $19,000, after a Federal Tax Credit, the net cost was $13,300. I made sure I purchased enough panels to cover my household needs and future plans for an electric car. After 1 year, I confirmed I had sized my system correctly. My monthly electric bill went from $200 to zero. Per plan, I had credit from with PG&E's. So I needed a second car for my teenage sons to drive. Alternate choice would be Honda Civic. Cost for new mid-level Civic $22,000 out the door. Long story, short - kids are driving my 3 old year old car, Dad is driving new Volt. I walked out of the Chevy dealer minus $32,300. I did purchase 220v charge cord and had a 220v receptacle installed in the garage - total cost $900. I will get a Federal Tax rebate of $7500, a state rebate of $1500 and because of I live in the San Joachim Valley, the Air Pollution Control District will give me a rebate of $2000. Net cost of car and charger is $22,200 - about the same as a new Civic. My gas bill should drop $175 per month. Total investment: $13,300 (solar panels) + $200 (premium of Volt over Civic) = $13,500. Monthly savings: $200 (household electric) + $175 (auto gas) = $375. Result: my investment will be paid back in 3 years!