2014 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: Perfect carr for both Electric

2014 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive)

Perfect carr for both Electric and Hybrid driving...
By itsjoeybear on

2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I absolutely love my Volt…I was looking for a car that could get me to work and back on all electric power, but still have the ability to do road trips without relying on the battery. The Volt is perfect for my daily 40 mile round trip commute to work. I charge the car at home and have plenty of power to drive to work and back. The Volt is fun to drive and has plenty of power to maneuver the LA freeways.
In full Hybrid mode, I'm averaging about 38 to 40 actual miles per gallon, which is good for a lead foot like me. I rarely use gas though, but if I do it's on the weekend or trips out of town. The car keeps track of your gas and EV mileage separate, so it's easy to calculate.

The ability to continue on Gas ... My final test of the Volt was a 260 mile trip to Vegas, and the Volt handled it perfectly. It's not exactly a gazelle on the super steep hills, but it held 70 mph without a struggle, and the rest of the trip was a breeze. I love the 4 drive modes ( which the other cars don't have ) .. I traded in a Honda Accord Coupe for the Volt thinking I'd be giving up some fun in the driver's seat, but it just didn't turn out that way. I'd buy the Volt again and again, and I highly recommend it.

I would like to see a larger car and a larger battery, but that is really about it ..

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review