Better than a Prius by far!
By larry714 on
2014 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I was disappointed at first but my issues were from a dealer lot issue and not the company so I'll try to be fair in my review. I have had a couple of priuses and I have to say the Volt is a better car, it's smother, quieter, and feels safer to drive. You do have to read your manuals to fully understand the operational side of the vehicle. I don't think it's a five star car but comes close. Performance for a car this small is a four, comfort gets a four needs better seats. Value is a four price needs to come down. Econo car fun to drive gets a four. Interior/exterior gets a three due to missing some things of the assembly line. Build quality a three and Reliability to soon to tell.
Favorite Features
The center of gravity, takes turns real well. Mileage is really good, maybe a gas station once a month.
Suggested Improvements
If this is a commuter car you need better seats, doesn't cost much more to add more foam in the seat. I don't understand why car companies have to skimp with the seats. Give the customer a spare tire, if it doesn't fit in the car at least allow the customer to store it in their garage. The sound/radio could be better, blue tooth doesn't work very well even the USB drive is skippy.
By mt2000
on 02/09/14 15:03 PM (PST)

How do you compare the space in the back to that of the Prius? I like my current Prius, because it has just enough space for my 60lbs dog to jump in the back and be able to stand comfortably without having to drop the seats. GM seems afraid of real hatchbacks, so it has tried to make the Volt look more like a sedan (stupid idea, IMO) and the space seems to be compromised. How do you compare it to the Prius? Also, what about reliability? My Prius is almost 7-years old, without a single problem so far (other than a headlight burn out). I read that GM has really made an effort to improve quality and reliability on the Volt, but I am still nervous about buying GM (a friend just returned a Cadillac SUV under the Lemon law and that's the only GM owner I know).