2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (9 reviews )
uncomfortable seat
By bocity on 07/08/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

drivers seat is to small for a person that sits with a wider berth. left leg tends to rest over the seat bolster, there is a seam in the top of the bolster that presses into my thigh. I find it difficult to find a comfortable way to place my leg. this is my only down side feeling of this car.

Why would you buy a Prius?
By natefair on 06/23/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This car is a great deal and a great car. Here is the math: $34,000 price, minus $10,000 back (CA pays $2500 of that), minus the gas savings which is about $100/month for me (all-electric mode means I often go 900 miles on a tank of gas and electric power is equivalent to $1.50/"gallon"). So after 10 years this car will have been far more economical than a Prius. Hybrids always use some gas (47 mpg-ish) but the Volt uses none for the first 40 miles (100 mpg equivalent). After that it gets at least 37 mpg.

It pays for itself - $5500 so far
By johndhenry on 05/08/14 15:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I just crossed the 40,000 odometer reading on my Volt. With my average mpg being 84, I've saved approximately $5500 in gas over my previous 24 mpg SC430 Lexus . Said differently, at this rate, the Volt's gas savings alone will have paid for the car in 5 years. Add this to the HOV Lane sticker and great reliability, and I have to say this is the best car I've owned (and its the first American car I've had).

Perfect carr for both Electric and Hybrid driving...
By itsjoeybear on 04/29/14 15:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I absolutely love my Volt…I was looking for a car that could get me to work and back on all electric power, but still have the ability to do road trips without relying on the battery. The Volt is perfect for my daily 40 mile round trip commute to work. I charge the car at home and have plenty of power to drive to work and back. The Volt is fun to drive and has plenty of power to maneuver the LA freeways. In full Hybrid mode, I'm averaging about 38 to 40 actual miles per gallon, which is good for a lead foot like me. I rarely use gas though, but if I do it's on the weekend or trips out of town. The car keeps track of your gas and EV mileage separate, so it's easy to calculate.

2014 Volt Rocks!
By havityourway2 on 02/19/14 14:08 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

We purchased a new Volt after careful contemplation and evaluation of alternatives available. We have never owned a hybrid or electric car. We haven't purchased a new car from a US automaker in over 20 years. We have owned this car for about a month now. So far, it has exceeded our expectations in all regards: comfort, performance (it is quick- particularly in "sport" mode), energy efficiency, build quality.

Highest Owner Satisfaction Two Years In.A Row
By davidsvolt on 12/30/13 02:09 AM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

My current overall milage is 69.8 mpg and climbing. I expect my overall milage will be over 100 mpg after a few more months of driving. With my current commute of 56 miles daily I typically drive 42 miles on a charge, then it switches to gas, seamlessly, for the remaking 14 miles. It's range is well over 300 miles per tank. It currently takes 10 hours to charge the car using the charger that comes with the car. It plugs in to any standard wall outlet. It cost about $1.50 to charge completely. You can buy a 220 volt charger that cuts charging time down to less than 4 hours. I paid $31,900 -$7,500 Fed tax rebate - $1,500 Ca rebate = $22,900 + tax/ license. That is a total steal.

First month impressions
By epguy on 12/27/13 20:17 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I have had our 2014 Volt for just about a month. Its been very impressive. My only disappointment is that in very cold weather, below 15 degrees, the gas engine is programmed to come on instead of just using the battery all the time. As I have gotten to know more about the car, it continues to amaze me with all of its technological features, from the remote start from your smartphone, to the car turning the seat heaters on when you sit down, and automatically reducing the seat heater temp when they warm up. I like being able to drive an electric car, with no range worries that is sharp looking and truly fun to drive.

Better than a Prius by far!
By larry714 on 12/12/13 19:36 PM (PST)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I was disappointed at first but my issues were from a dealer lot issue and not the company so I'll try to be fair in my review. I have had a couple of priuses and I have to say the Volt is a better car, it's smother, quieter, and feels safer to drive. You do have to read your manuals to fully understand the operational side of the vehicle. I don't think it's a five star car but comes close. Performance for a car this small is a four, comfort gets a four needs better seats. Value is a four price needs to come down. Econo car fun to drive gets a four. Interior/exterior gets a three due to missing some things of the assembly line. Build quality a three and Reliability to soon to tell.

Go test drive one!
By paodeoro on 10/05/13 18:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

So is it a good value? Yes! It feels solid as a Mercedes and almost as luxurious (no electric seats). It’s fun to drive like a Mazda 3. It costs like a Corolla, after factoring in tax incentives and fuel savings (10 years ownership). The Volt has a unique character and more than skin deep beauty that makes owners proud and car enthusiasts rethink what’s possible.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.