Volt Volt Baby!
By s_shawn_l on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I've had my 2013 Volt for about six weeks and 2,200 miles. Typically by this time after a new car purchase, I've found pros and cons associated with my purchase. I can't find any cons to speak of with this one (that's a first). It's everything I had hoped it would be, but more. I've taken a couple of day trips utilizing the gas mode, and still have managed to keep my total mpg around 160. Almost every day someone asks me about my Volt; it draws alot of attention. I'm a rolling commercial for this vehicle. Very happy with my purchase.
Favorite Features
Best feature: hands down, the mpg. But the great drive-ability and interior make the perfect package for all that gas savings. For my inner-geek, the information overload is a definite plus. Between being able to communicate with my Volt via the smartphone app and the info-tainment system, keeping track of every little nuanse is one of my new hobbies.
Suggested Improvements
In line with other reviewers, electric adjustable seats would be a slight improvement; but it's really not that big a deal to me. Software wise; I would suggest making it possible for the driver to select a default charge mode. If I don't remember to set the electric "pull" to the higher mode, my car won't be fully charged when I need to use it first thing in the a.m. So far, that has meant only a few miles less on the electric range; but given that I typically drive 38-40 mies per day, I'm right on the line.