Surpassed expectations
By mrc23 on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
Have put 6k miles on my Volt and I am very happy with the purchase. My work commute is about 20 miles a day round trip. I've used 18.6 gallons of gas since I bought it. The Volt performs like a champion off a green light and in heavy highway traffic. Absolutely no issues getting where I need to go and moving at the pace I need to free myself of oblivious drivers. This car glides like glass, and I climb hills everyday. Shift into Sport mode and it's a golf cart on steroids; I routinely outrun german cars. I've been in Audi's for 10 years, and traded an A4 for the Volt.
Favorite Features
Driving performance overall is great. I am routinely told by passengers the back seat configuration is very comfortable. Climate and entertainment controls took some getting used to, but they are now efficient and intuitive; in fact I am still learning new things after 6 months. Sport mode definitely a favorite feature. Back up camera is well lit and very effective. I parallel park everyday. Rear hatch and the ability to flatten back seats independently are nice features for golf clubs. Chevy and On Star apps are great for tracking your contribution to cleaning up the planet.
Suggested Improvements
Front windshield tends to fog easily depending on weather conditions. I find myself hitting defrost more than I normally do in other cars. 90% of the time I use recommended low energy setting for climate controls, which might contribute to this. Rear mirror visibility is not that great; takes some getting used to. Front clearance is very low, but the rubber material is very forgiving if you roll over a speed bump too fast. No real issue with this.