2013 Chevrolet Volt 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive Consumer Review - Have not been to a

2013 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Review

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Have not been to a gas station since I bought it!
By pjk2 on

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

For 40 years I routinely went to gas stations to fill up at least every two weeks. I have not gone to a gas station in 6 months.... I only used 5.2 gallons in six months. The Chevy Volt has proven to be as good as all the awards it has received. I read that 128,000 automotive engineers from around the world SAE have voted the Chevy Volt as the BEST ENGINEERED car on the road today. I agree. The ease of which it transports me to work is like no other vehicle. The effortless acceleration is hard to explain .. I tell people .. turn off your engine and coast... that is what the Volt sounds like going up hill at full throttle! Chevy Volt ... just unbelievable.

Favorite Features

Effortless Smooth Quiet ride... no gas stations. At 8 cents per KWH electricity here in PA it costs me 15cents to get to work... 35 cents round trip. Instead of filling up 2 times a month for $120 I now use about $15 per month in electricity for my 10 mile commute plus shopping trips.

Suggested Improvements

CUV version.