4 of 4 people found this review helpful
Great car! just needs a few minor tweaks.
By 62235volt on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
1) Driving in D utilizes slightly more kW than when driving in L. [upshift into D and see the increase on the battery draw display then shift back to L].
Use D when you want to coast instead of regen braking.
2) Needs separate SPORT MODE button.
3) OnStar needs faster data acquisition and more data viewing options. 30/60/90 day & 6 month mileage display.
Yes..many of the cons are relatively minor.
Yet, overall, the car functions very well to what the MAIN purpose of the intent was to be an efficient commuter car. ..a home run in that respect.
But when you add in the cons and other notes against the price of the car, I give it a strong triple.
My experience of setting the cruise results:
70mph: 39/40 mpg,
75mph: 35/36 mpg,
80mph: 28/29 mpg .
Overall mpg to date: 67. (low due to occasional
160 mile trips) Electric is best for city driving <55mph and appears most efficient in the 45 55 mph range.
Have found driving in Low is best when in city.
2) Handling is excellent!
Smooth & responsive.
Takes bumps great!
Handle Corners like riding a rail!
Excellent in the snow too!
3) ZIPPY off the line! fun to put in sport mode and get where you want to in traffic! Easily sneak up on others too.
4) comfortable front seating ..fits well even for a 6 2 235 lb.
Comfortably secure when cornering.
1) no button to tap to display radio only.
Have to always go to HOME screen and then tap icon.
Also would like to set home default to radio display.
Touch buttons are too sensitive accidentally, EASILY graze a button get an unwanted function.
3) Power button is too close to driving mode button can accidentally turn off vehicle when driving.
4) Bluetooth not always clear to hear caller and car 5) Easy to get wind compression frequencies when windows are down.
Radio could use a few more decibels to overcome the wind/road noise when windows are down.
7) improve rear seat foot room 8) low fuel display shows no fuel level or range left.