Frequent Visitor to Dealership
By frustratedvolt on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
First of all, the Volt is a blast to drive. As my first GM vehicle in 20 years, I was impressed. I was very happy. Then charge light warning came on and it was back to dealership, then the charge door and again the charge door. The bearing in front driver's side went, had it replaced and then replaced again. A lot of trips to the dealership and missing work. Live in Michigan and charger was plugged into an external outlet.Well with the nasty weather we are having moisture must have got in the connection and fried my charging cord. GM is saying it is 100% fault of plug and will not cover. $475.00 to get new charger.There goes my gas savings and my GM loyalty I am done after this lease.
Suggested Improvements
If you are going to be innovative, then cover the parts. Blaming others for problems that arise from normal use is not a good way to get kudos. With the number of people that ask me how I like the Volt every week, that $475 part would have been worth covering to get the good response that I used to give. I used to be an ambassador but no longer.