2013 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: 1200mpg 2cents per mile for e

2013 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive)

1200mpg 2cents per mile for electricity
By pjk2 on

2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I've been buying cars for 40years. The Volt is like no other. The smooth quiet power is nicer than any V8 I've driven. I've had my Base Chevy Volt here in PA for 10 months. Have been to the dealer one time to rotate the tires at 5k .. have not been to a gas station yet. I've used just 5.7 gallons of gas in over 7,000 miles of hard hilly stop and go city driving. That's 1200 mpg!! I have a wattmeter on the charger that indicates that the car is costing approx. 2cents per mile. I've only used the range extender a few times... but was sure glad I had the extender. It's nice to NOT have any range anxiety. It's a nice feeling not going to the gas station every two weeks to charge about $60.

no noise no shifting no smells in the garage no heat in the garage The reason I bought the car is for it's smooth acceleration and responsiveness of the electric motor... nothing like it. very good in the snow $4 to $5 per week is better than $60 every two weeks.

I don't like the automatic down and up on the window switch.. I'm sure this is supposed to be a plus but for me it's hard to stop from going all the way down or up when all I want is for the window to go down a little. Probably because my hands are too big. That's about it... not much to improve other than making it a CUV.