Best car I have ever owned
By joncab5 on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I have had the car for 8 months and still have not yet visited a gas station. My commute is only 18 miles and I have charging abilities at work. My biggest surprise regarding this vehicle is the Chevy brand. I am not a snob, but my previous vehicles are Lexus, Porsche, BMW, MBZ and the more I read about the Volt the better it sounds. I then test drove one out of curiosity and was shocked at the build quality. It is outstanding. What most people don't understand is there is a timer on the internal charging system that allows it to start charging at midnight. In California EV owners get very, very cheap electricity starting at midnight. So I am paying very little for energy.
Favorite Features
Power is amazing. Kudo's to the engineers that build this car. I can't believe more and more people don't lease (or buy) this car. I think I have sold three so far to people that I let test my car. It really is ahead of its time. My kids think the car is cool. They love having their friends in it. Really I am serious...they think it is cool (middle school kids). Stereo is pretty good and it is stock. OnStar is cool...and included: Bonus! FYI...I am over 1K MPG.
Suggested Improvements
Power seats are missed, but I understand the desire to safe on weight. I bet the new CADI version will be a hit.