A true bargain if leased....$299/month
By jfkirk on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
My Volt replaced a 20ishmpg Lexus. Over the 36,000 miles of the lease the Volt will save me $7200 with gas at $4.00 gallon. (My commute is within the Volt's electric ranged...so no gas.) The actual cost to me over the old Lexus with gas savings is about $99.00 a month for a very nice $40,000 car. Obviously if something drives gas past $4.00 the savings go up even more.
Favorite Features
The silence. The car is incredibly quiet and I was coming from a Lexus. The Volt is also a heavy car so you have sense of gliding. Except for head room compares well with my old LS430. The real joy is the EPA apparently was very conservative with the 38 mile battery range. Mine regularly gets in the high 40's with conservative driving. Performance...the Volt somehow silently leaves the pack behind at lights. I think its the immediate throttle.
Suggested Improvements
The air dam is made of a very soft rubber. Its designed to give way if it drags. It does drag once in a while, but no damage. The dealer said they could put a shorter one at no charge...but it would not be as effective.