2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (42 reviews )
Volt rocks!
By tdj1 on 01/18/13 17:53 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I have driven my Chevy Volt about 2000 miles so far. I've used about 2 gallons of gas. The car handles well and has very good acceleration. This is my first American car. Previously Honda/Acura guy. I can honestly say that I'm very happy with the car.

Nice job Chevrolet!
By katvolt on 11/24/12 08:24 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Just purchased the 2013 fully loaded Volt for my wife. It's a great ride with a very high feel good factor of knowing you are helping be part of the solution to foreign oil dependency. (I'm a Desert Storm Vet) But even more important is that it's a no compromise ride - very responsive drive train and we do not worry about being stranded without a charge. Chevrolet got it right.

Fun to drive and comfortable
By evowa on 11/18/12 21:51 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I agree with all the other reviews about how well built and technologically advanced this car is. The volt has been a pleasure to drive and I still can't believe how comfortable it is. I was commuting in a 2006 Lexus GS 430 which gives you a sense of how well the volt drives. This is my first American built car and I have to say Chevy did a great job!

Driving's fun again!
By pruvit on 11/16/12 19:41 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Traded in ES Lexus, haven't looked back. Car is a joy to drive, it WANTS to move. 3000 miles so far, visited gas station only once. Over 300 mpg. Love that the car is so fast and so quiet. Anyone who compares this car to a normal car to calculate payback on gas savings is missing the point. This is a premium car. Negatives: visibility is somewhat limited, holds only 4 passengers, Bluetooth issues with iPhone 5 (worked flawlessly with my iPhone 4). I'm told this should be fixed in the the next couple of weeks. They'll send out the update directly to the car wirelessly. This car is a marvelous piece of technology. If you're thinking about buying one, just do it.

Commuting and more.
By timlange on 11/14/12 11:56 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Our daily commute is 15 miles so we use electric only while in town. Cost for a full charge (30-40 miles) is $0.62. Our last trip out of town was fine, 200+ miles, about 6 hours in the car and did not get uncomfortable. Rarely could tell when the gas engine came on. Edmunds mentions touchy brakes but ours seems fine.

2013 Volt
By 11buster on 11/06/12 09:18 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Traded in a C5 Vette for a 2013 red metallic Volt. Have driven about 400 miles in 10 days. Love the car - used 0.7 gal. Gas. Chevy had a $2,000 rebate, coupled with a $7,500 Fed tax rebate and a $2,000 state tax rebate, takes the cost down to $30,000. Factor in about $2,000 fuel savings per year, and the car makes economic sense. Build quality is excellent, as is integration of car operation, electronics and screen displays. Also right thing to do for the environment to cut emissions. With our local electric rates, cost per gas gal equivalent is about $0.70. Car is smooth and provides a pleasant driving experience, plus you are driving the future, not the past.

First 1,000 miles in a '13 Volt
By sirboz on 10/31/12 06:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I picked up the Volt as a daily commuter car. Work is 15 miles from the house, and hilly. During the round trip, I normally use about 2/3 of the battery power. Everything people are posting about how fun the car is to drive is accurate. The thing I didn't know about it, even after the test drive, was how much information is presented to you on the center stack display and the driver information center. I would recommend doing some research before buying the car. You can search for, and download, the two main owners manuals; the basic one and the one for the infotainment system. The other place to look is www.myvolt.com where you can find excellent short videos of usage and systems.

Even form a guy who likes sports cars!
By shmef on 10/14/12 14:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I own my volt for just a month now. What a blast it is to drive! In sport it is really neck snapping, not to mention it drives and handles like a dream. People ask me all the time about it, it gets so much attention.

Love this Volt and the fuel savings
By 53stephen on 10/09/12 06:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I traded my BMW X3 for the Volt. I am thoroughly impressed with the technology and engineering of this vehicle. My wife and I primarily use this for around town driving with the occasional road trip. I love the fact that you will essentially not use any gas in city driving as long as you stay below the 38 mile range - so no C02 or carbon monoxide emissions at all. The car is comfortable (I am 6'3") and very quiet. The standard features are excellent. Chevrolet hit a home run with this car and I love buying American again.

A true bargain if leased....$299/month
By jfkirk on 10/01/12 13:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

My Volt replaced a 20ishmpg Lexus. Over the 36,000 miles of the lease the Volt will save me $7200 with gas at $4.00 gallon. (My commute is within the Volt's electric ranged...so no gas.) The actual cost to me over the old Lexus with gas savings is about $99.00 a month for a very nice $40,000 car. Obviously if something drives gas past $4.00 the savings go up even more.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback in VA is:

$139 per month*