6 months in with the Volt
By chris_v on
2013 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
6000 miles and I love the car. Have driven it from February and temps under 20 degrees F to August and temps over 100 degrees F. Full charge shows 44-45 miles available on electric, but I rarely go over 30 miles. Hold mode is great for 2013, as it adds the ability to drive to the highway on electric, then switch to hold mode to maintain the charge and get upwards of 50+ mpg with the gas generator running, then switch back to electric when you get off the highway. Sport mode is fun, and I leave it in L all the time, even on the highway, to take advantage of the aggressive regen to gain back range. So far I haven't put gas in it in almost 5 months of daily driving.
Favorite Features
It's a solid car, that has the build quality that reminds me of my old BMW 7 series. Quiet, with effortless torque at any normal speed. Mine has the Pebble Beige leather and suede interior that feels quite upscale, and with the quiet ride and torque definitely make it feel like a small luxury car. And having my gasoline bill drop to basically zero while only increasing my electric bill by $8-10 per month is great. The blue color looks great, and the tech in the car (phone connectivity and OnStar turn by turn nav without having the regular nav option) is impressive. If you test drive one, start in Normal and D, but then switch to Sport and Low. Changes the car completely.
Suggested Improvements
Needs a bit more rear seat legroom (scoop out the backs of the front seats a bit would help) Wish it retained Sport mode when you shut it off. Wish it retained the 12A charge setting, instead of defaulting to 8A when charging on 120V (240V doesn't have this issue). Heated steering wheel would be nice for winter use, as the electric heater isn't the greatest. heated seats are nice, though. The A pillars are hard to see around, especially when making certain left handed turns.
By aliisaoside
on 09/18/13 21:55 PM (PDT)

I bought my Volt on Sep 6.Its my birthday present. 6 days later it couldn't start and had to tow to the dealership. They said some codes are error and don't know whats wrong yet. Right now I still don't get my Volt back. Really disappointed.