Used 2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback

Base 0-cyl. Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (46 reviews )

It's a VOLT
By gardwi

It's electric

Used 2013 chevy volt
By Fred

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

That it's a great car. It is one of the most advanced vehicles on the road and you can buy a used one for a fraction of the original price.

Best car I have ever owned.
By Kevin

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!! I have had this car for 3 years and 63,000 miles and I still look forward to driving it every day. The EV experience is amazing. Reliability of this very complex vehicle has been perfect. I have not had any items fail. I will be keeping this car for a very long time.

Just reached 12K miles and so far so good..
By peterlc63

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

So far, the car has been great. It drives so smooth and the instant torque I get from a dead stop is a delight after dealing the turbo lag on my Outback XT for 8 years. The EV range covers my work and weekend commutes so I can go months without having to buy gas. Getting the HOV lane stickers is great along with the $1,500 rebate from the state. I also got a time-of-use meter from my local utility (Pasadena) so I get cheaper electricity rates during mid and off peak times. They also gave me $300 of LED lightbulbs! The car is sluggish in ER mode while driving in the city but, has been fine on long trips. I average 37 to 43 miles MPG depending on how fast I'm going.
No issues ... yet.

Great torque, comfortable leather heated seats, decent storage space in the trunk, BOSE audio system is pretty good, lots of interior storage in door pockets and center armrests, and the only service I had on the car for the past year is an oil change for $43. One recall was dealt with quickly. The car has made me a safer driver as the emphasis is on eeking out as miles I can on a charge. My wife has certainly noticed. :-)

The touch panel center console is really confusing to use, can only seat two people in the back, the sun visors could use pull out extender panels because they are not wide enough to block out the sun on the side windows, the heater doesn't always come in in EV mode, performance is sluggish in ER mode, and gas mileage in ER mode less than other hybrids or diesel cars. GM just announced the 2016 Volt will have a higher capacity battery and a slightly more power engine. Some say it will have a bench seat in the back. Will consider it when my lease ends but, will definitely take a look at the new Audio A3 and VW Passat plug-in hybrids that will be coming out.

poor car
By wsusdorf

2013 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

the volt is a poor car. I have had one for 2 years and have had a radiator replaced a water pump. The radiator cost $1100.00. I took the dealer 3 days to get it back to me. It now needs a battery. The battery cost 300.00 and it has a leak in it so when it goes to the car wash it leaks on the passenger side. that will cost 400.00. In the past I have bought 9 chevrolets. THis is my last. Save yoursellf the grief and look at a Prius.

Sirus radio

GM needs a warranty that is comparable to other cars that are priced at 45,000.00. 36 months is not cutting it