2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: Will this be what most people

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Review

Will this be what most people drive in the future?
By masterofnone2 on

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

What a car! They did a marvelous job. I can only compare this to the Prius I previously owned. The Volt is far more comfortable and much smoother. I have to admit I got tired of the Prius shaking when the engine shut down and hessitating when the engine started. There is no shaking or shuddering or studdering when the volt engine starts and stops. In fact you can't hardly hear the engine. The prius was a little quieter inside than the volt. There is a little wind noise in the rear of the volt. Not much difference though. After federal tax credit, the Volt costs about the same as a Buick. Great car. I'm proud to do my part in reducing the amount of foreign oil we use.

Smooth electric drive.

Maybe optimize interior space behind rear seats better. Wind noise in rear of vehicle could be reduced. Charge sustaining mode could be optimized for better fuel economy. I get somewhere between 35 to 37 mpg when running on gas. I think they could accomplish that by tweaking the software.