Great design BUT poor implementation by GM
By ronmaf on
2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I purchased two Volts, One for my wife and one for myself in July 2012. We drove them all over. One went to Baltimore the other to Tampa. The car averaged 130 MPG. at the 7th month of ownership I started hearing this loud sound like an electric Drill every time I coated to a stop of hit the brakes. I gave the car to the dealer, it took them a week to fix. 10 days and 300 or so miles later the car has the same obnoxious sound. I went back to the dealer. This time they called in a GM Engineer to take a look. They have had it for a week already with no fix in sight. I really loved the technology of the car, but GM cannot get the quality right. there is the GM-Volt forum with more info.
Favorite Features
MPG and Torque is great, not to mention the Bose sound system and the Navigation was top notch. It was also really the quietest car I have ever owned. Too bad it isn't as reliable as I expect from a $45000 car! So far my Wife is not having any major issues from the car!
Suggested Improvements
Reliability! GM...QUALITY ASSURANCE, please invest in it! Center touch console is annoying after some time. For the money a Cadillac-esque console would be welcome.