2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: NC Volt

2012 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Review

NC Volt
By ncvolt on

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Waited until I used my first gallon of gas to write this review. My daily commute is about 32 miles round trip; I also have the ability to charge the vehicle while at work. Traveled 620 miles on my first gallon. The car is expensive and over priced even with the tax credit, BUT it is fun to drive (has become a game to keep my efficiency rate high under all conditions) and I havenít looked at the price of gas in over 3 weeks! Just beginning to get cold here and have seen a reduction in the range but not an issue getting to and from work. Without the ability to charge at work, I would be at the outer edge of the range under these conditions to fully maximize the technology. So far it has performed as promised and has been a great purchase. Clearly the price point will keep it from many folks but as it comes down over time many more will have the ability to enjoy this wonderful vehicle!

The driver side cup holder is in an awkward location for me