2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: I Love My Volt - 2012

2012 Chevrolet Volt Hatchback - Consumer Review

I Love My Volt - 2012
By ampeater on

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It looks good, handles well and is incredibly inexpensive to drive. 6,500 miles and 41 gallons of gas - only because I drove it to FL from MI. 42.5 mpg on the way down using gas. I drive it typically under 30 miles per day and usually have 39-40 miles of battery available when I start in the morning. So unless I need to go more than 40 miles, I don't use any gas. I plug the car into my 110v house system at 8:00 at night and it's fully charged in 10 hrs (6 am). The price of the car is too high unless the tax rebate continues, but I plan to keep it as long as I can (8-10 yrs).

Green! So little gas used. Quiet acceleration with no gear changes. It looks good.

An upgrade on the softness of the interior would be nice. I'm getting used to the touch sensitive buttons, but they were confusing at first. The MyLink feature was not available to me and I hope an upgrade will be possible.