happy volt owner
By solarvolt on
2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
Writing this review after 5 months of volt ownership. I was waiting to buy a plug in hybrid/EV and researched all available models like the Leaf, Focus electric, C-max, prius etc. After evaluating the pure EV's like Leaf, Focus etc., I decided that the Volt range of 40 miles per full charge satisfied my daily commuter needs. I had not owned an American car for about 20 years now and was skeptical of the quality. But the rave reviews from Volt owners convinced me to test drive one. It was love at first drive. I was impressed with the way an electric car drives and how solid this car felt. The transition to gas when electric runs out is seamless and have to look at the gauges to realize.
Favorite Features
The optional Bose sound system is excellent. The bass produced is the best I have heard in a car stereo and I am an audiophile. The ride is quiet, comfortable and smooth. I am averaging 38-40 miles on a full electric charge even in 100 degree Texas heat. During spring, I could get over 40 miles without the a/c turned on. I have not had to fill up the tank in 4 months and I will never fill up the tank again unless I am going on a long trip because I am having a hard time using up the gas since I prefer driving on electric charge. I really like the feedback I get from the gauges like the optimum acceleration and braking to conserve energy.
Suggested Improvements
Adjustable power seats for driver at least, even though I have found good driving position manually. More range like 60-80 miles on electric will be good but not necessary for most folks commute. Sunroof would also be nice.