2012 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: Amazing Economic Sportscar

2012 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive)

Amazing Economic Sportscar
By l4kmttnt on

2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

Outstanding experience thus far! I am an integration manager for a large company traveling 40+ wks out of the year. This has given me the opportunity to drive many, many makes and models of vehicles as I must rent a car every week for work. When my wife and I decided to purchase a new car last month -we specifically went to our local Chevy dealer in search of a Chevy Cruze as I felt it was the BEST sporty and economical car of choice. HOWEVER, we had the chance to drive a Volt and immediately fell in love with the performance, comfort, long-range savings opportunity and overall sportiness of the car. We are 100% happy thus far and look forward to many satisfying miles as we pass by the pump.

We've owned a 2012 Volt for about 3 weeks now and have put over 1200 miles on it by driving across Illinois & Iowa for the holidays... My wife also drives it to/from work every day (40 miles). She rarely uses a drop of gas on any given day. We've used 0.2 gallons of gas over the past couple of weeks. Also, during the Thx Giving holiday - we averaged 63 miles per gallon between EV and Gas. The Volt is not just for close-range everyday driving as promoted... It is an all-purpose/everyday vehicle for the family. We took our dog and 4 large duffle bags of clothes during our holiday trip with no problem fitting everything in... Go drive the VOLT now... You'll love it!

The media needs to drop all ties with oil companies, political activist groups, ect. The latest worry over the Volt catching fire is nothing but media driven fear. I've done hours and hours of research regarding the Volt and have found nothing to worry about regarding safety (BTW: it has the BEST rating for safety). People are ignorant for plugging it in with adapters & extensions. The car is different -you plug it in! It is one of the most technologically advanced vehicles on the road. I'm amazed every time I get in it. Don't let the media steer your opinion on this amazing car. Go drive it, form your own opinion. I think you'll be amazed and proud of Chevy for taking a giant leap forward.