2012 Volt - Climb the Mountains, Enjoy the Turns
By just_a_guy on
2012 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
I am EXTREMELY happy with the Volt. Lots of power up the hills. I live in the Colorado mountains and climb BIG "HILLS" every day and despite a great test drive, I was a little concerned (if an electric car had a problem it seems logical to me that the problems would be in climbing the mountains). I am over my concerns! The pick-up and power on the hills is great. Driving this car feels a little like a sports car. I think that the distribution of the battery adds weight (down low) which it turns, adds stability and handling. At present, I am at just less than 300 mpg. In summary, a SUPER BIG A+++++ to CHEVROLET AND THE VOLT. My first Chevy after 35 years of driving, and itÂ’s a good one!!!
Favorite Features
My favorite freaturs are the performanace, handling, acceleration and of course, fuel economy.
Suggested Improvements
I would like to see a lower price for the Volt mainly becuase this is the one thing that might stop someone from buying one (or even doing a test drive). For myself, I am more than happy with the Value. If I just got an "electric car" for the sticker price, it is expensive. In my opinion, however, this is not just an "electric car"... it's a very cool car that just happens to be electric.