2011 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Review: This car is a winner, in every

2011 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive)

This car is a winner, in every way possible.
By jerry150 on

2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

This car could have been just another ho-hum electric/hybrid, but it isn't that. Instead, it continues to amaze and delight me in how well designed and constructed it is. It has excellent handling, power, and comfort. The sound system, nav system, and integration of bluetooth, USB, and Onstar are probably the best in the industry. The "feel" of the car is of a nimble, high end European sedan, and I would choose this as my daily driver, even if it didn't deliver better economy than any other car, which, by the way, it does, with the possible exception of the Nissan Leaf.

I especially like the integrated sound system, with 30 gig hard drive, CD and DVD player, built-in Bluetooth support, and jacks for Ipods, flashdrives, and other audio device input. But the handling and performance of the car is really superior to anything in it's class. The fit and finish of the car is absolutely first class also. And the touch control system on the dash lets me go directly to the function I want without having to page through endless menus.

Not much to improve on really, maybe a few more separate options for things like the backup camera, interior trim choices, etc. Oh, and the sound system could use a subwoofer that can handle deep bass better.