I Hate my Volt
By ev_ on
2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)
Well actually I Love my VOLT except for the climate control system. It takes 5 mintues for the heater to start putting out warm air and you have to run the fan durning that time or you will never get heat. As if that is not bad enough it runs the A/C during this time to dehumitify the air. When its 40 degrees in the car I don't want it to blow cold air and I certainly don't want the A/C on. The rest of the car is everthing I had hoped for. I have driven it over 1200 miles and my average is over 160mpg. I am still running off the gas that came with the car. I like to go fast, I don't drive like a Prius driver, I like to drive in Sport mode and it is extremelly fun to drive.
Favorite Features
Fun to Drive. It accelerates well and corners like it is glued to the road. The Best features of a GAS car and the Best of features of an Electric Car. The unlimited range of a GAS car when you need it with the economy of an Electric Car for most of your driving. I have Not purchased GAS this year. Over 1200 miles and I am still burning the gas that came with the car. My average is over 160mpg. I have made 2 trips that have required the use of the Gas engine, calculating the MPG in GAS only mode I come up with ~32mpg however I drive like a bat out of Hell. I do quick accelerations from a stop and I am always at the front of the pack. On the freeway I go 75 to 80mph.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the heating system, allow the driver to turn on the heat without running the fan and allow the driver to turn off the A/C. Allow downloading the phone book from a smart phone thru the bluetooth interface into the Nav system.
By ruleb15
on 03/08/11 16:40 PM (PST)

Most vehicles will turn on the A/C to dehumidify the air, they may just not tell you.