Used 2011 Chevrolet Volt Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Volt - Consumer Reviews

Base Hybrid 1-speed Direct Drive - (24 reviews )

Outstanding MPG!!!
By sonata3times

2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I bought the Chevy volt for one reason only. I'm a business man who drives around 300 miles almost everyday. Driving both city and highway averages 104mpg. Im glad I got this and not the Prius.

The 3 selection types of driving modes and plenty of technology layout.

I bought a $42,000 car leather seats should be standard and theres no power seats.

Volt
By bigdvolt

2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

My Volt is incredible. My lifetime mpg is 112 and rising. I've driven over 1000 miles without any gas. I didn't buy any gas the first month I owed it. It has a sport mode that makes it fun and sporty to drive with speed to jerk your head back. It's as powerful as a V-6. I'm loving it.

using my IPhone to turn car on and cool it before I get in.

Ability to update software to run apps, connect to internet.

Hats off to GM
By flyguy15

2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I have only had my volt #2499 for a week and am I impressed. The car, the concept, everything about it is game changing. My other car is a CTS-V and it has been parked ever since I got the Volt. The only problem is that my wife wants to trade her SUV and get one too. Saving gas $$ is not my objective - using the cutting edge technology and proving it in everyday use is the fun part. What a tribute to the team that put this vehicle together and brought it to market. Let's hope to "Halo effect" spills over and helps all of GM.

The displays, just like an iPad

Power seats

My Black Volt - #1712
By mrrizzo

2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

The Volt is my first American car, ever. I currently also have a VW and SAAB. The ride and handling to me are very much like a European vehicle. The Volt is smooth and firm, with some heft to it, but is also comfortable with a compliant ride. It absorbs bumps very well and exceeded my expectations when I test drove it. The acceleration in "normal" mode is adequate. In "sport" mode, it is a blast to drive. The car is also eerily quiet in EV mode. The fit and finish are impressive. This is an extremely well thought out vehicle. The change over to extended mode is absolutely seemless. Other than the display on the dash, there was no way to tell that the gas engine engaged.

The car is packed with technology. Although it lacks a power seat, I find the driving position very comfortable. The car is very smooth and feels like a luxury car, not like an economy car (as it should for the price LOL). It fits my driving style and habits like a glove so I expect to be using very little gas. My workplace now has charging stations, so I can charge the car during the day for free! I perk I guess for being an early adopter. My vehicle is black with the polished wheels and is a real head turner. In pictures, I didn't think I would like the white center stack, but in person it's very sharp and I prefer it to the dark grey that is also offered.

I know it's intentionally designed this way for aerodynamics, but the front spolier is extremely low to the ground. It scraps entering and leaving my driveway no matter how I try. Since the car feels so well thought out I'm sure the engineers knew this and made it out of a very flexible material, but non the less it kinda strange. Other than that, no issues so far, still in the honeymoon stage.

A Home Run!
By sgc114

2011 Chevrolet Volt 4dr Hatchback (gas/electric hybrid DD)

I purchased my Volt and took delivery on December 18, 2010. I've gone about 1500 miles so far and burned about 20 gallons of gas, mostly due to a few long trips [200 miles each]. Even on those trips, my mileage was in the 40-50 mile range. My overall mileage is about 75mpg. But when I was not taking those trips, I could easily drive around town, to work, etc, on the 40 miles or so range, using all battery and electric drive. There is nothing better than that! The car drives solidly, crisp turning, and more than decent acceleration. The best acceleration is in LOW using SPORT mode. Seats are comfortable, and the fit and finish is quite good.

Allow the radio and other infotainment controls to be operated independently from each other

• SUV