Nice family van -- so issues
By thecatman on
2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Got my van in Dec. 2009. I travel 12 miles on mostly a hilly expressway and get between 25 -26.5 per trip. Problems I've had are the horn stops working because of a fuse. I replace it and then 2 months later it blows again. Also I wanted to get bucket seats for the middle row but Chevy changed the seat design on the 2005. As a result you can only interchange these seats with another 2005 and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've been trying for over a year. I have a side and middle seat and they are not comfortable on long trip. But I am happy with the van, rights nice, rattles a little but no major problems after 143,000 miles. I would buy another Venture only with bucket seats.
Favorite Features
Easy on gas for a van -- 26+ on the highway and 23+ combo on city/highway. Radio with the CD is decent. I got the basic model -- no power doors.
Suggested Improvements
Would have been better not to change the seat design on the last year they were buiding the Venture. Seat belts connect to the seat in the 2005, earlier models they connect to the floor. AC does not blow out that well. It does the job, but on hot days it doesn't seem that cool.