Chevy Venture 2005 LT
By Michelle Dodge on
2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Going from driving a smaller 4-door sedan for 6 years, and trying to fit my 3 children in that one back seat, to driving in my Venture is like rediscovering the joy of driving! I have to admit, driving a van is very different than driving a smaller car. The van itself rides very smoothly, very comfortable and the model we have has many of the options, which add to the overall comfort. I did find that it feels a bit top heavy when turning, and needs considerably more stopping time. Not being an expert, I assume this is just the weight and size factor. The sound quality in the stereo could use improvement, I think that more speakers throughout are needed in something as long as a minivan.
Favorite Features
The power sliding door is a really convenient option; being a busy mother of 3 children, opening the door with a push of a button is very helpful, especially when my hands are full of groceries, or kids!
Suggested Improvements
The body style of this van isn't very creative, it looks very boxy. I think a sportier appearance would really help with consumer appeal. Being a relatively young mom, you want to drive something that is roomy for your family, but also something that doesn't scream " box on wheels."