Used 2005 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

A very poor van
By doowopdempsey

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have always leased vans and when we needed an 8 seater the Dodge Caravan didn't cut it. This car can't make it up gentle grades in the winter where the Dodge Caravan flew up them! It is way too low to the ground so when there is a bump in the road you hear a loud screech from the floor. It is very un- comfortable too.

That it has a standard CD player.

It is so bad they should just scrap it and make a new van.

Jese
By Jese DiMonda

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had safety issues with the side sliding doors. This problem exists with both the automatic and manual doors. I do not recommend anyone with small children buy this vehicle since Chevy has refused to fix this problem, even after being notified.

This is a comfortable vehicle to drive and is very roomy.

Correct the door issue before another child is seriously injured.

2005 Venture
By Michelle

2005 Chevrolet Venture Cargo Van Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We were in a rollover accident with our Chevy Venture. The van rolled over 4 times according to witnesses, and my 2 children and I walked away from the accident. You could see the obvious crumple zones, and while I did hit my head on the roof, it did not cave in at all. Instead it bowed out like a cone, like it was supposed to. I was very happy with the crash performance, and while I don't plan to get hit again like that (!), we did go out and buy another new Chevy Venture to replace the totalled one.

Vehicle crash
By maril;yn gibbs

2005 Chevrolet Venture Cargo Van Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a side impact crash in January which is bad way to find out how safe this vehicle is. It was totaled, but I walked away without a scratch. I loved my first one, but went out and bought another one. The only difference is the color. I love this one and feel safe.

Electric sliding door, built in baby seat, passenger comfort

Chevy Venture 2005 LT
By Michelle Dodge

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Going from driving a smaller 4-door sedan for 6 years, and trying to fit my 3 children in that one back seat, to driving in my Venture is like rediscovering the joy of driving! I have to admit, driving a van is very different than driving a smaller car. The van itself rides very smoothly, very comfortable and the model we have has many of the options, which add to the overall comfort. I did find that it feels a bit top heavy when turning, and needs considerably more stopping time. Not being an expert, I assume this is just the weight and size factor. The sound quality in the stereo could use improvement, I think that more speakers throughout are needed in something as long as a minivan.

The power sliding door is a really convenient option; being a busy mother of 3 children, opening the door with a push of a button is very helpful, especially when my hands are full of groceries, or kids!

The body style of this van isn't very creative, it looks very boxy. I think a sportier appearance would really help with consumer appeal. Being a relatively young mom, you want to drive something that is roomy for your family, but also something that doesn't scream " box on wheels."