2005 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
A very poor van
By doowopdempsey on 01/27/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have always leased vans and when we needed an 8 seater the Dodge Caravan didn't cut it. This car can't make it up gentle grades in the winter where the Dodge Caravan flew up them! It is way too low to the ground so when there is a bump in the road you hear a loud screech from the floor. It is very un- comfortable too.

Jese
By Jese DiMonda on 12/16/05 23:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had safety issues with the side sliding doors. This problem exists with both the automatic and manual doors. I do not recommend anyone with small children buy this vehicle since Chevy has refused to fix this problem, even after being notified.

2005 Venture
By Michelle on 08/23/05 17:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Cargo Van Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We were in a rollover accident with our Chevy Venture. The van rolled over 4 times according to witnesses, and my 2 children and I walked away from the accident. You could see the obvious crumple zones, and while I did hit my head on the roof, it did not cave in at all. Instead it bowed out like a cone, like it was supposed to. I was very happy with the crash performance, and while I don't plan to get hit again like that (!), we did go out and buy another new Chevy Venture to replace the totalled one.

Vehicle crash
By maril;yn gibbs on 08/09/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Cargo Van Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a side impact crash in January which is bad way to find out how safe this vehicle is. It was totaled, but I walked away without a scratch. I loved my first one, but went out and bought another one. The only difference is the color. I love this one and feel safe.

Chevy Venture 2005 LT
By Michelle Dodge on 07/16/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Going from driving a smaller 4-door sedan for 6 years, and trying to fit my 3 children in that one back seat, to driving in my Venture is like rediscovering the joy of driving! I have to admit, driving a van is very different than driving a smaller car. The van itself rides very smoothly, very comfortable and the model we have has many of the options, which add to the overall comfort. I did find that it feels a bit top heavy when turning, and needs considerably more stopping time. Not being an expert, I assume this is just the weight and size factor. The sound quality in the stereo could use improvement, I think that more speakers throughout are needed in something as long as a minivan.

Wouldn't trade for anything!
By momof3 on 06/29/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would never own a mini-van; that is until I was pregnant with my 3rd child! I love the convenience of getting kids in and out of their carseats without having to bend over (like in a car), or stand on your tip toes (like a truck). Kids love the DVD player. Great highway mileage, and goes great through the snow.

Extras
By Patricia Cambeis on 06/14/05 08:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The power windows break constantly and the A/C is very poor in this van. The compressor had to be replaced at 36,000 miles and was not covered under the extended warranty.

Well worth buying
By 2004 Venture on 05/10/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, it's well worth its money. That same day I went into the Toyota dealer and walked out and I'm glad I did and right into the Chevy dealership. Good on fuel, handles well, lots of space and the kids loved the DVD player.

I love my Chevy Venture
By skoolmoma on 03/19/05 09:51 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Chevy Venture. I look forward to driving it everyday. Sometimes I even make up excuses to drive it!! My daughter loves all of the room inside and I love the many features it came with. I love the rear park aid and the homelink system that allows me to open my garage door with my van! No garage door opener! This is an excellent vehicle and so family friendly!

My Venture
By Arlene Sirotko on 01/15/05 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I find the Venture very roomy and comfortable. It is a good vehicle to transport small children and still have room for adults. The trunk space is fairly large considering the third seat can be put down and that does increase the trunk area. There are many little places in the vehicle for storage of items. This vehicle is easy to drive and handles well.