Used 2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Bad all around
By godessann

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this minivan for animal rescue. Recall on our dash of all the gauges. Thought it was going to be over. Now my light and stereo stay on when turned off. Have to manually turn them off. My back hatch cannot be opened due to electrical problems. My doors do not lock because of electrical issues. Now it is making noise under the hood and no one can find the problem. The door panel on the drivers side gets caught everytime you open the door. This is a terrible van. I regrete every buying it. I will never get another one. As soon as it is paid off we will be getting rid of this death trap.

I cannot say one thing was great on this.

Replace all electrical system on this disasterous van.

Absolutely no problems
By ric

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought from a rental company with 50 K on it. Have put about 90 K on the vehicle myself. Not a single problem! The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Economical for its size.

Back seats would be better if they folded completely flat. This would give a more usable cargo space.

Worst Vehicle Ever Owned
By mama

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van when it was almost 1 year old. We have had nothing but problems with it. It has had electrical problems, fuel pump, power steering pump, and now we don't even know what is wrong with it. It is not safe to drive, it is to the point I don't want to drive our children in it. Please beware of this model.

Sliding door is nice to have.

Very reliable
By Ric

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van at 40,000 km. Now has 110,000 km. Absolutely no problems.

Lots of room. Good economy considering the amount of room in the vehicle. I actually like the external look of the vehicle. I don't find it box-like, as mentioned by other reviewers. In fact, I find some other mini-vans to be too gimmicky in appearance.

A slightly bigger motor may help with the kind of driving I do. Hilly roads. But this isn't a big problem. Also a bigger motor would result in less MPG.

Decent Vehicle
By Mac Daddy

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our used 2005 Chevy Venture at the end of 2005 with about 30K miles. We now have 90K miles on it and have found it to be a dependable van. It seats 5 adults and 3 children comfortably with a nice amount of room left over for luggage or shopping items (extended version). It drives in a very "truck like" manner and the ride is sort of clunky; it is somewhat difficult to steer. It doesn't "line out" very easily going down the road until you get used to it. The springs are under-sized in my opinion. Brakes and suspension seem to be cheaply put together. Overall though it seems to be a mechanically sound vehicle and a good value compared to other more expensive options.

Seats eight which is a rare option at this time. Price is very reasonable.

Heavier springs. OEM brakes that last more than 40K miles (ridiculous!).