Used 2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Nice family van -- so issues
By thecatman

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Got my van in Dec. 2009. I travel 12 miles on mostly a hilly expressway and get between 25 -26.5 per trip. Problems I've had are the horn stops working because of a fuse. I replace it and then 2 months later it blows again. Also I wanted to get bucket seats for the middle row but Chevy changed the seat design on the 2005. As a result you can only interchange these seats with another 2005 and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've been trying for over a year. I have a side and middle seat and they are not comfortable on long trip. But I am happy with the van, rights nice, rattles a little but no major problems after 143,000 miles. I would buy another Venture only with bucket seats.

Easy on gas for a van -- 26+ on the highway and 23+ combo on city/highway. Radio with the CD is decent. I got the basic model -- no power doors.

Would have been better not to change the seat design on the last year they were buiding the Venture. Seat belts connect to the seat in the 2005, earlier models they connect to the floor. AC does not blow out that well. It does the job, but on hot days it doesn't seem that cool.

Venture OK
By Gary

I had to downsize from Suburbans and after adjusting I really like this van. You can't get more vehicle for the money. Its a shame GM does not have a mini-van in their line up now. I have been a loyal GM buyer for 25 + years but need to look at other options for new vans.

Once you get used to those dual power sliding side doors, you don't know how you could live without them.

GM get them back in your line. No wonder you are falling behind the competition. Despite the stigma, I stil see a lot of mini-vans on the road.

Venture OK
By Gary

This has been a very dependable vehicle. I had to downsize from Suburbans I drove in the past so it was a real challenge at first. I have grown to appreciate saving money on gas, tires, and repairs.

Double power sliding doors.

Chevrolet needs to go back to making a mini van or we will have to switch from our GM preference in the future.

Jese
By Jese DiMonda

I have had safety issues with the side sliding doors. This problem exists with both the automatic and manual doors. I do not recommend anyone with small children buy this vehicle since Chevy has refused to fix this problem, even after being notified.

This is a comfortable vehicle to drive and is very roomy.

Correct the door issue before another child is seriously injured.

Wouldn't trade for anything!
By momof3

I thought I would never own a mini-van; that is until I was pregnant with my 3rd child! I love the convenience of getting kids in and out of their carseats without having to bend over (like in a car), or stand on your tip toes (like a truck). Kids love the DVD player. Great highway mileage, and goes great through the snow.

I can remove the rear split bench seat, and still have room for myself, my 3 kids, and all our bicycles. I also love the on-board air compressor, for filling a low tire, or for topping off the bike tires.

Adjustable lumbar support on front seats would be nice.