2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Bad all around
By godessann on 12/18/11 09:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this minivan for animal rescue. Recall on our dash of all the gauges. Thought it was going to be over. Now my light and stereo stay on when turned off. Have to manually turn them off. My back hatch cannot be opened due to electrical problems. My doors do not lock because of electrical issues. Now it is making noise under the hood and no one can find the problem. The door panel on the drivers side gets caught everytime you open the door. This is a terrible van. I regrete every buying it. I will never get another one. As soon as it is paid off we will be getting rid of this death trap.

Absolutely no problems
By ric on 09/25/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought from a rental company with 50 K on it. Have put about 90 K on the vehicle myself. Not a single problem! The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Worst Vehicle Ever Owned
By mama on 09/18/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van when it was almost 1 year old. We have had nothing but problems with it. It has had electrical problems, fuel pump, power steering pump, and now we don't even know what is wrong with it. It is not safe to drive, it is to the point I don't want to drive our children in it. Please beware of this model.

Very reliable
By Ric on 04/06/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van at 40,000 km. Now has 110,000 km. Absolutely no problems.

Decent Vehicle
By Mac Daddy on 03/28/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our used 2005 Chevy Venture at the end of 2005 with about 30K miles. We now have 90K miles on it and have found it to be a dependable van. It seats 5 adults and 3 children comfortably with a nice amount of room left over for luggage or shopping items (extended version). It drives in a very "truck like" manner and the ride is sort of clunky; it is somewhat difficult to steer. It doesn't "line out" very easily going down the road until you get used to it. The springs are under-sized in my opinion. Brakes and suspension seem to be cheaply put together. Overall though it seems to be a mechanically sound vehicle and a good value compared to other more expensive options.

Bland/Average Van
By Kevin on 02/02/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Average van, bland styling, brakes are weak,no storage pockets on the back of the front cap't seats,only one power sliding door,noisy cabin,no cassette player, not enough cup holders for middle row,DVD hard to reach/see when cup holders are being used,rear wiper streaks/doesn't work in cold weather. I thought I would get better gas milliage with such a small V6 engine. All in all this van is O.K, not bad, not impressive, just average.If you don't want to spend a lot of money on an import, this van would be a good deal.

A very poor van
By doowopdempsey on 01/27/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have always leased vans and when we needed an 8 seater the Dodge Caravan didn't cut it. This car can't make it up gentle grades in the winter where the Dodge Caravan flew up them! It is way too low to the ground so when there is a bump in the road you hear a loud screech from the floor. It is very un- comfortable too.

Chevy Venture 2005 LT
By Michelle Dodge on 07/16/05 01:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Going from driving a smaller 4-door sedan for 6 years, and trying to fit my 3 children in that one back seat, to driving in my Venture is like rediscovering the joy of driving! I have to admit, driving a van is very different than driving a smaller car. The van itself rides very smoothly, very comfortable and the model we have has many of the options, which add to the overall comfort. I did find that it feels a bit top heavy when turning, and needs considerably more stopping time. Not being an expert, I assume this is just the weight and size factor. The sound quality in the stereo could use improvement, I think that more speakers throughout are needed in something as long as a minivan.

Extras
By Patricia Cambeis on 06/14/05 08:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The power windows break constantly and the A/C is very poor in this van. The compressor had to be replaced at 36,000 miles and was not covered under the extended warranty.

Love the Venture
By Shar on 01/05/05 12:15 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my family's second Venture. I love this van. The most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It has great features on it and it drives like a car. It drives well in the snow and rain. I have recommended this van to several people and I know that at least two of these people have bought one, and love it! The only thing that bugs me is that Chevy is replacing the Venture with the Uplander. I wish this vehicle was a comfortable and as drivable as the Venture. It is not! It seems to me if this is the vehicle that Chevy is using to replace the Venture, it should have been just as good or better then the Venture. I test drove this vehicle and although I loved it's look, nothing else impressed me.