2005 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Nice family van -- so issues
By thecatman on 07/18/12 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Got my van in Dec. 2009. I travel 12 miles on mostly a hilly expressway and get between 25 -26.5 per trip. Problems I've had are the horn stops working because of a fuse. I replace it and then 2 months later it blows again. Also I wanted to get bucket seats for the middle row but Chevy changed the seat design on the 2005. As a result you can only interchange these seats with another 2005 and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've been trying for over a year. I have a side and middle seat and they are not comfortable on long trip. But I am happy with the van, rights nice, rattles a little but no major problems after 143,000 miles. I would buy another Venture only with bucket seats.

Venture OK
By Gary on 03/18/10 05:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had to downsize from Suburbans and after adjusting I really like this van. You can't get more vehicle for the money. Its a shame GM does not have a mini-van in their line up now. I have been a loyal GM buyer for 25 + years but need to look at other options for new vans.

Venture OK
By Gary on 12/01/09 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very dependable vehicle. I had to downsize from Suburbans I drove in the past so it was a real challenge at first. I have grown to appreciate saving money on gas, tires, and repairs.

Jese
By Jese DiMonda on 12/16/05 23:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had safety issues with the side sliding doors. This problem exists with both the automatic and manual doors. I do not recommend anyone with small children buy this vehicle since Chevy has refused to fix this problem, even after being notified.

Wouldn't trade for anything!
By momof3 on 06/29/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I would never own a mini-van; that is until I was pregnant with my 3rd child! I love the convenience of getting kids in and out of their carseats without having to bend over (like in a car), or stand on your tip toes (like a truck). Kids love the DVD player. Great highway mileage, and goes great through the snow.

Well worth buying
By 2004 Venture on 05/10/05 23:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, it's well worth its money. That same day I went into the Toyota dealer and walked out and I'm glad I did and right into the Chevy dealership. Good on fuel, handles well, lots of space and the kids loved the DVD player.

I love my Chevy Venture
By skoolmoma on 03/19/05 09:51 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Chevy Venture. I look forward to driving it everyday. Sometimes I even make up excuses to drive it!! My daughter loves all of the room inside and I love the many features it came with. I love the rear park aid and the homelink system that allows me to open my garage door with my van! No garage door opener! This is an excellent vehicle and so family friendly!

My Venture
By Arlene Sirotko on 01/15/05 15:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I find the Venture very roomy and comfortable. It is a good vehicle to transport small children and still have room for adults. The trunk space is fairly large considering the third seat can be put down and that does increase the trunk area. There are many little places in the vehicle for storage of items. This vehicle is easy to drive and handles well.

venture
By snzmomy on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

great if you have 3 small children