Used 2005 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Nice family van -- so issues
By thecatman

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Got my van in Dec. 2009. I travel 12 miles on mostly a hilly expressway and get between 25 -26.5 per trip. Problems I've had are the horn stops working because of a fuse. I replace it and then 2 months later it blows again. Also I wanted to get bucket seats for the middle row but Chevy changed the seat design on the 2005. As a result you can only interchange these seats with another 2005 and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've been trying for over a year. I have a side and middle seat and they are not comfortable on long trip. But I am happy with the van, rights nice, rattles a little but no major problems after 143,000 miles. I would buy another Venture only with bucket seats.

Favorite Features

Easy on gas for a van -- 26+ on the highway and 23+ combo on city/highway. Radio with the CD is decent. I got the basic model -- no power doors.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been better not to change the seat design on the last year they were buiding the Venture. Seat belts connect to the seat in the 2005, earlier models they connect to the floor. AC does not blow out that well. It does the job, but on hot days it doesn't seem that cool.

Bad all around
By godessann

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this minivan for animal rescue. Recall on our dash of all the gauges. Thought it was going to be over. Now my light and stereo stay on when turned off. Have to manually turn them off. My back hatch cannot be opened due to electrical problems. My doors do not lock because of electrical issues. Now it is making noise under the hood and no one can find the problem. The door panel on the drivers side gets caught everytime you open the door. This is a terrible van. I regrete every buying it. I will never get another one. As soon as it is paid off we will be getting rid of this death trap.

Favorite Features

I cannot say one thing was great on this.

Suggested Improvements

Replace all electrical system on this disasterous van.

Venture OK
By Gary

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had to downsize from Suburbans and after adjusting I really like this van. You can't get more vehicle for the money. Its a shame GM does not have a mini-van in their line up now. I have been a loyal GM buyer for 25 + years but need to look at other options for new vans.

Favorite Features

Once you get used to those dual power sliding side doors, you don't know how you could live without them.

Suggested Improvements

GM get them back in your line. No wonder you are falling behind the competition. Despite the stigma, I stil see a lot of mini-vans on the road.

Venture OK
By Gary

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very dependable vehicle. I had to downsize from Suburbans I drove in the past so it was a real challenge at first. I have grown to appreciate saving money on gas, tires, and repairs.

Favorite Features

Double power sliding doors.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet needs to go back to making a mini van or we will have to switch from our GM preference in the future.

Absolutely no problems
By ric

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought from a rental company with 50 K on it. Have put about 90 K on the vehicle myself. Not a single problem! The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Economical for its size.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats would be better if they folded completely flat. This would give a more usable cargo space.