2005 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Nice family van -- so issues
By thecatman on 07/18/12 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Got my van in Dec. 2009. I travel 12 miles on mostly a hilly expressway and get between 25 -26.5 per trip. Problems I've had are the horn stops working because of a fuse. I replace it and then 2 months later it blows again. Also I wanted to get bucket seats for the middle row but Chevy changed the seat design on the 2005. As a result you can only interchange these seats with another 2005 and they are IMPOSSIBLE to find. I've been trying for over a year. I have a side and middle seat and they are not comfortable on long trip. But I am happy with the van, rights nice, rattles a little but no major problems after 143,000 miles. I would buy another Venture only with bucket seats.

Bad all around
By godessann on 12/18/11 09:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this minivan for animal rescue. Recall on our dash of all the gauges. Thought it was going to be over. Now my light and stereo stay on when turned off. Have to manually turn them off. My back hatch cannot be opened due to electrical problems. My doors do not lock because of electrical issues. Now it is making noise under the hood and no one can find the problem. The door panel on the drivers side gets caught everytime you open the door. This is a terrible van. I regrete every buying it. I will never get another one. As soon as it is paid off we will be getting rid of this death trap.

Venture OK
By Gary on 03/18/10 05:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had to downsize from Suburbans and after adjusting I really like this van. You can't get more vehicle for the money. Its a shame GM does not have a mini-van in their line up now. I have been a loyal GM buyer for 25 + years but need to look at other options for new vans.

Venture OK
By Gary on 12/01/09 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a very dependable vehicle. I had to downsize from Suburbans I drove in the past so it was a real challenge at first. I have grown to appreciate saving money on gas, tires, and repairs.

Absolutely no problems
By ric on 09/25/09 14:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought from a rental company with 50 K on it. Have put about 90 K on the vehicle myself. Not a single problem! The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Worst Vehicle Ever Owned
By mama on 09/18/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van when it was almost 1 year old. We have had nothing but problems with it. It has had electrical problems, fuel pump, power steering pump, and now we don't even know what is wrong with it. It is not safe to drive, it is to the point I don't want to drive our children in it. Please beware of this model.

Very reliable
By Ric on 04/06/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van at 40,000 km. Now has 110,000 km. Absolutely no problems.

Happy to be in the 2000'S Vehicles
By E. Georgia Fox on 04/01/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture Cargo Van Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I recently owned a 96 Ford Explorer 4 WD and wanted to upgrade my vehicle. I wanted a van and checked out our local car dealer for the first time. He gave me a good deal on my Ford and introduced me to a Venture Van! I loved it the minute I seen it, took it for a drive. I am a person who prays for guidance, pray for safe trip in the 4 directions while I drive and pray for my vehicle, that it runs good and takes me where I need to go! Today, I just purchased a used one! I still cannot believe I am driving a vehicle in the 2000's catagory! I am a person who buys what I can afford. I don't want car payments, as long as it runs good for me. I am blessed and thankful.

Decent Vehicle
By Mac Daddy on 03/28/09 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our used 2005 Chevy Venture at the end of 2005 with about 30K miles. We now have 90K miles on it and have found it to be a dependable van. It seats 5 adults and 3 children comfortably with a nice amount of room left over for luggage or shopping items (extended version). It drives in a very "truck like" manner and the ride is sort of clunky; it is somewhat difficult to steer. It doesn't "line out" very easily going down the road until you get used to it. The springs are under-sized in my opinion. Brakes and suspension seem to be cheaply put together. Overall though it seems to be a mechanically sound vehicle and a good value compared to other more expensive options.

Bland/Average Van
By Kevin on 02/02/06 13:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Average van, bland styling, brakes are weak,no storage pockets on the back of the front cap't seats,only one power sliding door,noisy cabin,no cassette player, not enough cup holders for middle row,DVD hard to reach/see when cup holders are being used,rear wiper streaks/doesn't work in cold weather. I thought I would get better gas milliage with such a small V6 engine. All in all this van is O.K, not bad, not impressive, just average.If you don't want to spend a lot of money on an import, this van would be a good deal.