Used 2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

2004 Venture LT Luxury Van
By escambiaguy

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

While I have only owned this van 2 months, it has been in my family since new. It has had hardly any problems. I am very pleased with the leather interior. It has good take off power, but does struggle somewhat on long hills. Earlier models had gasket problems, but that problem was resolved for 2004. The headrest of the 2nd row captains chairs do create a blind spot when backing up, but I have learned to adjust to it. There are also a few rattles from the rear door when going over bumps.

Favorite Features

Smooth car like ride. Good styling, nice leather interior. Great sound system, DVD system. Built in air pump.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I can think of are more power for climbing hills, larger brakes, and the standard power door should be on the driver side.

AdVenture 2004
By Osvaldo Torres

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is strong , quick and extremely roomy given its short wheelbase. I have used it to tow a 21 ft. open fisherman to a ramp 20 miles away and it will perform quite well for its small engine size although it has not been designed for that kind of abuse.

Favorite Features

The electronic mileage computing system is very good when you are on long trips and low fuel condititions . The system also has a compass which is good for people like myself (always lost)

Suggested Improvements

Rear Disc Brakes should be included as an option to shorten stopping distances and take added weight push of trailer buffs like myself.

Comfortable interior/rough riding
By Jed Pitre

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very satisfied with the seating capacity and interior roominess. Designed to be able to do a lot with the seating (i.e. 2nd row features individual bucket seats and 3rd row is fold down for major storage capacity in rear of vehicle. Very good on gas mileage. Vehicle does not handle well. Typical of front wheel drive vehciles. Does not perform well on substandard roads. You feel too many bumps.

Not a bad vehicle
By D

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good van. The fuel gauge is horribly inaccurate and constantly fluctuates. It has decent power, and the gas mileage good. Not a bad vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel gauge issue. Improve the center console between front seats. Allow for a center aisle between seats in the back.

Second Venture Van
By Rich Larsen

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Venture van. The first was totalled when it was rear ended at 50-60 MPH while I was stopped waiting for a traffic light. There was no choice for a replacement van except for the color-the dealer had about 90 Ventures in stock. I have toured the country with my first van. It had 77,000 miles on it when totalled and my present van has 38,000 trouble free miles. I don't understand the poor rating and comments you gave it. What are "coarse engine characteristics?"

Favorite Features

Seating versatility, the built-in child seat,good engine performance, style, the "must have" cup holders. I like the entire van.

Suggested Improvements

Have two 12 volt dashboard mounted power outlets.