Used 2004 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

2004 Venture
By Bob

2004 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great reliability over the last 5 years. Handling is good for a minivan. Road noise is minimal.

Favorite Features

Power doors and DVD player. No problems so far.

Suggested Improvements

More powerful engine.

Comfortable, rattling and unsafe
By Steve May

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The GOOD: No doubt this van is comfortable to sit in and looks quite nice. It accelerates quite fast and steers and brakes well too. It is roomy. That is where it ends. The van rattles especially on bumpy roads. It squeals and/or squeaks at speeds over 70 - ok probably not going to happen too often but still annoying. Build quality is not too good as the outside seat plastic switch assembly was falling apart as well as the plastic liner by the trunk. Worst of all, this van has HORRIBLE OFFSET crash test ratings! Most likely you will drive this in town to haul kids...not the safest choice.

Favorite Features

Good ride, handling, acceleration, braking. Comfy and roomy seats.

Suggested Improvements

GM should have improved this van to be like a Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna or even like the FORD FREESTAR. The Venture is old and outdated and the UPLANDER (successor model) was a joke.

2004 Chev. Venture
By Richard T

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle after owning a 2000 model and doing considerable research. This vehicle offers good mileage and good value for the money. I looked at newer SUVs and Vans, then discovered this model offers as good or better mileage, and just as much interior space for a lot less than new. Mileage first 5000 miles has averaged 23-27 MPG if driven reasonably.

Favorite Features

Mileage, space, moderate towing capability.

Suggested Improvements

Bucket seats for driver and passenger could stand improvement, especially for long trips.

Very Good Van From GM
By 2004 Chevy LS Ext

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is remarkable. I have had it since it had 18,000 miles on it. I have done all maintenance that is required and it runs beautifully. I have one gripe, small things that go wrong on this van make me mad. The passenger window wont work, and the drivers side rear brake light wont work. Other than that the Van runs great and has been a surprise coming from GM. I was worried when I bought it. Gas Mileage is about 21 hwy and 18 cty. Brakes need constant adjustment. But work well

Favorite Features

Built in Child seat. Sterio is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Better overall quality with windows and electrical items.

I still love this minivan
By Kerri J

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan because of the 8 passenger capability. It has some minor issues like the cup holders are awful, and clearing snow from the windsheild is a nightmare due to design. We had a sensor light fuse that cost $400 to replace because of access. But despite all of this I had an accident and rolled this minivan with my 4 children and we all walked away with out a scratch. We are getting another one.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Better windscreen, all the snow falls in the hood. New cup holders.