2004 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
My problem
By CHEVY_RIDER on 11/21/08 08:39 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Venture for a little over 4 years. And have had nothing, but problems. Hub bearing has broken 2x since having it. 1x in first year. Sliding door does not stop if something is in between it. I should have checked the engine area more and would have never have bought it. Battery is cover by other parts as well as the air filter; things I've maintain on the other Chevy's previously. Window motor had to be replaced 2 yrs into having van. I love Chevy's, but I'm disappointed in the Venture. I bought for my sons to have room and trips, but it's a headache.

It Drives and Drives
By Drives and Drives on 11/17/07 12:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this is with 24K miles on it, 3.5 yrs later it's at 115K+ and we have had very few complaints. Very reliable, comfortable, great mileage. Got from Raleigh NC to Allenton PA on one tank of gas, with a little to spare. Numerous long trips to the Midwest with no complaints and lots of comfort. Plenty of city driving, too. Basic extended model, no whistles and bells but it does the job. AC stopped working on level 5 this summer, and 4yrs old messed up the CD player with pennies, but other than a set of brakes and some new belts, tires, general maintenance, have been surprisingly happy with an American made vehicle. Would recommend it!

Personal Experience
By dmt1541 on 10/26/07 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We searched far and wide for the perfect family van and after owning this Venture for 2 years we are confident we found it. We love the ways the seats fold and move individually, they give you so many options. The gas mileage is great. We got 25mpg driving to FL with a family and luggage to boot. The integrated child seat is awesome, I just wish we had two instead of one. I'm a Ford guy myself, but this Chevy Venture is awesome. My wife and I wanted 8 passenger seating and we could only find it in the Chevy Venture (in 2005). Yah we have 3 kids but what if the grandparents or friends want to ride, 8 passenger is a must. We've had no operational problems and we're closing on 40,000.

Underrated van
By uzbekbashi on 04/24/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has performed more than adequately. Rides smoothly, swallows more cargo than previous SUV we owned and only cost $20,500 after rebates and discounts--saved $6000 over Honda Odyssey. True, resale is less now than other minivans but this matters only if you plan on selling it quickly. At 58,000 miles, only the rotors needed to be replaced and othewise no problems noted. Interior could be more high-class but we didn't buy this car for style but for basic transportation and it has fulfilled this function well. Even gas mileage is good--25-26 miles in suburban driving. Overall, very satisfied.

2004 Chevrolet Van Extended
By kcamero on 02/19/07 11:48 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A bit of a "Plain Jane" van, however, very dependable and no repairs to date. Currently have 65000 KM's

2004 Venture LT Luxury Van
By escambiaguy on 09/27/06 19:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

While I have only owned this van 2 months, it has been in my family since new. It has had hardly any problems. I am very pleased with the leather interior. It has good take off power, but does struggle somewhat on long hills. Earlier models had gasket problems, but that problem was resolved for 2004. The headrest of the 2nd row captains chairs do create a blind spot when backing up, but I have learned to adjust to it. There are also a few rattles from the rear door when going over bumps.

AdVenture 2004
By Osvaldo Torres on 03/04/06 13:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is strong , quick and extremely roomy given its short wheelbase. I have used it to tow a 21 ft. open fisherman to a ramp 20 miles away and it will perform quite well for its small engine size although it has not been designed for that kind of abuse.

Comfortable interior/rough riding
By Jed Pitre on 11/06/05 22:15 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very satisfied with the seating capacity and interior roominess. Designed to be able to do a lot with the seating (i.e. 2nd row features individual bucket seats and 3rd row is fold down for major storage capacity in rear of vehicle. Very good on gas mileage. Vehicle does not handle well. Typical of front wheel drive vehciles. Does not perform well on substandard roads. You feel too many bumps.

Not a bad vehicle
By D on 07/21/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good van. The fuel gauge is horribly inaccurate and constantly fluctuates. It has decent power, and the gas mileage good. Not a bad vehicle.

Second Venture Van
By Rich Larsen on 01/05/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Venture van. The first was totalled when it was rear ended at 50-60 MPH while I was stopped waiting for a traffic light. There was no choice for a replacement van except for the color-the dealer had about 90 Ventures in stock. I have toured the country with my first van. It had 77,000 miles on it when totalled and my present van has 38,000 trouble free miles. I don't understand the poor rating and comments you gave it. What are "coarse engine characteristics?"