Used 2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
By LoveMyVenture

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is FANTASTIC! Bought in '06 with 45000 miles on it. It's now 2015, and we have 152,000. She runs smooth, and cruises effortlessly. Nothing major has gone wrong with the car. Just a few sensors. The 15 inch alloy rims look great too. We easily pull 22-25 mpg. Treat her right, and you'll be rewarded.

I still love this minivan
By Kerri J

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan because of the 8 passenger capability. It has some minor issues like the cup holders are awful, and clearing snow from the windsheild is a nightmare due to design. We had a sensor light fuse that cost $400 to replace because of access. But despite all of this I had an accident and rolled this minivan with my 4 children and we all walked away with out a scratch. We are getting another one.

Better windscreen, all the snow falls in the hood. New cup holders.

My problem
By CHEVY_RIDER

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Venture for a little over 4 years. And have had nothing, but problems. Hub bearing has broken 2x since having it. 1x in first year. Sliding door does not stop if something is in between it. I should have checked the engine area more and would have never have bought it. Battery is cover by other parts as well as the air filter; things I've maintain on the other Chevy's previously. Window motor had to be replaced 2 yrs into having van. I love Chevy's, but I'm disappointed in the Venture. I bought for my sons to have room and trips, but it's a headache.

Space

All mechanical features, electrical functions,accessiblity for minor maintence to battery and air filters.

AdVenture 2004
By Osvaldo Torres

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is strong , quick and extremely roomy given its short wheelbase. I have used it to tow a 21 ft. open fisherman to a ramp 20 miles away and it will perform quite well for its small engine size although it has not been designed for that kind of abuse.

The electronic mileage computing system is very good when you are on long trips and low fuel condititions . The system also has a compass which is good for people like myself (always lost)

Rear Disc Brakes should be included as an option to shorten stopping distances and take added weight push of trailer buffs like myself.

Not a bad vehicle
By D

2004 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good van. The fuel gauge is horribly inaccurate and constantly fluctuates. It has decent power, and the gas mileage good. Not a bad vehicle.

Fix the fuel gauge issue. Improve the center console between front seats. Allow for a center aisle between seats in the back.