Used 2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

I still love this minivan
By Kerri J

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan because of the 8 passenger capability. It has some minor issues like the cup holders are awful, and clearing snow from the windsheild is a nightmare due to design. We had a sensor light fuse that cost $400 to replace because of access. But despite all of this I had an accident and rolled this minivan with my 4 children and we all walked away with out a scratch. We are getting another one.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Better windscreen, all the snow falls in the hood. New cup holders.

My problem
By CHEVY_RIDER

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Venture for a little over 4 years. And have had nothing, but problems. Hub bearing has broken 2x since having it. 1x in first year. Sliding door does not stop if something is in between it. I should have checked the engine area more and would have never have bought it. Battery is cover by other parts as well as the air filter; things I've maintain on the other Chevy's previously. Window motor had to be replaced 2 yrs into having van. I love Chevy's, but I'm disappointed in the Venture. I bought for my sons to have room and trips, but it's a headache.

Favorite Features

Space

Suggested Improvements

All mechanical features, electrical functions,accessiblity for minor maintence to battery and air filters.

AdVenture 2004
By Osvaldo Torres

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is strong , quick and extremely roomy given its short wheelbase. I have used it to tow a 21 ft. open fisherman to a ramp 20 miles away and it will perform quite well for its small engine size although it has not been designed for that kind of abuse.

Favorite Features

The electronic mileage computing system is very good when you are on long trips and low fuel condititions . The system also has a compass which is good for people like myself (always lost)

Suggested Improvements

Rear Disc Brakes should be included as an option to shorten stopping distances and take added weight push of trailer buffs like myself.

Not a bad vehicle
By D

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good van. The fuel gauge is horribly inaccurate and constantly fluctuates. It has decent power, and the gas mileage good. Not a bad vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel gauge issue. Improve the center console between front seats. Allow for a center aisle between seats in the back.

No need to spend big bucks
By NC Mountains

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this Venture for almost 6 months now. We feel it is a bargain if you do not opt for all the add-ons that jack the price up so high. It comes equipped with a/c, power windows, locks, automatic, basically everything that is necessary. If you want a new minivan for around $20,000 you just can't go wrong. I can't see paying $10,000 extra for all the options thrown at you. It doesn't do a thing to the performance of the van as the engine, transmission are the same no matter what you pay. The engine is more than adequate and has no problem climbing the steep grades in western NC. The ride is fine and you can't beat the value.

Favorite Features

Easy opening side doors. The power door option is a waste and just something that breaks eventually, unless you are elderly or physically need it.

Suggested Improvements

No tachometer. Why Chevrolet felt the need to eliminate this much needed instrument is beyond me.