2004 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
I still love this minivan
By Kerri J on 01/20/09 12:46 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this minivan because of the 8 passenger capability. It has some minor issues like the cup holders are awful, and clearing snow from the windsheild is a nightmare due to design. We had a sensor light fuse that cost $400 to replace because of access. But despite all of this I had an accident and rolled this minivan with my 4 children and we all walked away with out a scratch. We are getting another one.

My problem
By CHEVY_RIDER on 11/21/08 08:39 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Venture for a little over 4 years. And have had nothing, but problems. Hub bearing has broken 2x since having it. 1x in first year. Sliding door does not stop if something is in between it. I should have checked the engine area more and would have never have bought it. Battery is cover by other parts as well as the air filter; things I've maintain on the other Chevy's previously. Window motor had to be replaced 2 yrs into having van. I love Chevy's, but I'm disappointed in the Venture. I bought for my sons to have room and trips, but it's a headache.

AdVenture 2004
By Osvaldo Torres on 03/04/06 13:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is strong , quick and extremely roomy given its short wheelbase. I have used it to tow a 21 ft. open fisherman to a ramp 20 miles away and it will perform quite well for its small engine size although it has not been designed for that kind of abuse.

Not a bad vehicle
By D on 07/21/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, a good van. The fuel gauge is horribly inaccurate and constantly fluctuates. It has decent power, and the gas mileage good. Not a bad vehicle.

No need to spend big bucks
By NC Mountains on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this Venture for almost 6 months now. We feel it is a bargain if you do not opt for all the add-ons that jack the price up so high. It comes equipped with a/c, power windows, locks, automatic, basically everything that is necessary. If you want a new minivan for around $20,000 you just can't go wrong. I can't see paying $10,000 extra for all the options thrown at you. It doesn't do a thing to the performance of the van as the engine, transmission are the same no matter what you pay. The engine is more than adequate and has no problem climbing the steep grades in western NC. The ride is fine and you can't beat the value.

I really love my venture
By cjbhhanlin on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

best vehicle i have ever owned

2000 Venture Plus
By Al Pyle on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

7 passenger seating arrangement very inconvenient for adults...rear seats for children only. Front passenger seat too close to door and not heighth adjustable. Will not buy another GM vehicle equipped with Firestone tires. Firestone replaced three of the original tires at different times due to failure but I have never had four good smooth running tires at the same time and still do not. No more relying on the tire supplier. wind/engine noise.

alright
By Msm32490 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My review is its not the greatest but its ok.

A GREAT CAR
By INEZ VANDYKE on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I LOVE MY VEHICLE, IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE. ITS BEATIFUL CAR, DRIVES GREAT IN HIGHWAYS, GOOD ON GAS. I LIKE THE SLIDING DOORS, ESPECIALLY WHEN MY HANDS ARE FULL.

excellent
By tadea akin on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Venture Plus Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It is a great Mini-van, I like it.