Reliable Van, Some Mechanical Probelms
By akk050708 on
2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my van in 2010 with 100,000 miles on it already. Here it is Feb.2014 and I have put almost 71,000 miles on it. When I bought it, it had a transmission slipping problem. I drive it daily with this problem & as long as you don't gun it at a dead stop, & give it time to shift from reverse to drive it doesn't slip. But does have tranny issues. I have also had my ABS go out at about 140,000 miles. I still can drive it daily & has never failed me even with those issues. I have had some break repairs done, but other than that it's been regular routine maintenance. I would buy this van again if they had newer models. It's been extremely reliable, never stranded me & my family.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission. I have seen tranny problems have been a on going issue with this van. I am lucky that my vans transmission problems have never gotten any worse or effected it's driving as long as you are easy upon take off & don't punch it right out of shifting dears. It does struggle in snow, & ice tranny slips trying to climb through tough spots. Has been extremely reliable otherwise. I have been able to start it up & go with no hassles for almost 71,000 miles now. The van has been good to us. I am looking to replace it however now that I have the money. I worry about it's life span with tranny issues & no ABS.I would recommend this van if it checked out. It gets great gas mileage!!