2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
My vacation
By jayb on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My first Venture was a lemon being towed three times in one week. The last time being the Friday I was leaving for Vacation. My plans where to go to Florida with my grandchildren and spending the day in a dealer ship (Meisner)was not my idea of a good start. After getting a lawyer and GM buying that one we really liked the van so we went to a different dealership and purchase our new one. We have not had any problems with this one and its great when you have 5 grandchildren.

Dear lord I didn't want a minivan
By Landiss on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

But since I've had this one I've enjoyed it, in relative speaking. I like my wifes Dodge van better for less money. I can't wait until the kids get older and I can have my pickup truck back.

Wow!
By iAmNotManan on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is simply mind boggling! Amazing. I love it. i have three of them. what else could you ask for.

Is it American quality or just bad luck?
By PE on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a Chevy Venture less than two years ago and have already had to put nearly $2000 in repair costs into it. At 38000 miles the ignition switch failed while I was trying to leave the grocery store in a snow storm. After waiting three hours for the promised emergency road side assistance, I ended up walking 3 miles back to my house. At 48000 miles the AC condenser developed a leak. Currently in the shop and only costing us $1000. We had a Ford before this and had same bad luck. My honda is the only thing we have never needed repair work on (this with 140,000 miles). Should I try Dodge next?

A pretty good van -- one problem though
By Ventureowner on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The van has been pretty good to us so far. We've owned this van for 8 months (10K so far) and the only problem (a recurring problem) is with the struts on the driver side. The dealer cannot seem to find the problem with the struts. There's a noticable clunking (metal on metal) whenever we hit certain bumps in the road. I hope they can figure this out soon, we're going on our third round of service calls for this issue. A side from the strut problem, we've been mostly pleased with our new Chevy Venture!

Pretty good as minivans go
By jht on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We replaced an Olds Bravada with this Venture, so the bar was set a little high for features. So far it's a very comfortable ride, easy to drive, with one minor problem to date (a left headlight that holds moisture) that's being addressed as I write this. Storage is excellent overall, especially in the van's rear. I miss OnStar, but it wasn't available on this trim level. Mine is the 7-seat version with leather and captain's chairs.

THIS VAN SUCKS
By CHILLER on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

THIS VENTURE SUCK ITS THE FULLY EQUIPED VAN AND EVERYTHING IS NOT WORKING. THE POWER DOOR LOCKS OPEN AND CLOSE, THE WINDOWS GET STUCK THE REAR PARKING AID DOES NOT WORK THE DVD SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK THE POWER SLIDING DOORS DOESNT WORK ITS HAS ONLY HALF LEATHER HAVE CLOTH SEATS CHEAP LOOKING DASHBOARD AND UGLY 16' WHEELS YOU GET RIPED OF BECAUSE MINE HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 13 TIMES AND IT IS GOING BACK CAUSE ITS DOESNT EVEN TURN ON. WHATS THE USE OF HAVING A FULLY EQUIPED CAR IF NOTHING WORKS!!!

economical people mover
By Roscoe on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Reliable, 28mpg + hauling my fishing buddies & gear,no breakdowns

Marred by crash test
By Ok overall on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a pretty good vehicle overall. Our family loves the VCR entertainment system. It pulls away pleasently from a stop and has pretty good passing power. It is a bit noisier inside then I would like, but I guess its ok. The ride can really thump over some bumps but is very good over smoother roads. The seats are fairly comfortable, but the second row is a little claustrophobic with the car's dark interior and narrow dimensions. The only thing that is truly disappointing is the IIHS crash test rating, which was the poorest they have ever tested. This alone has motivated us to get a new car.

Seems like a solidly built van
By dave26 on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first mini van. We were motivated to purchase a GM van because of rebate money from our credit card, but I was pleasantly suprised at the quality we found in the Venture. The ride is smooth and quiet. The body is tight and seems well built. So far, no problems or glitches. The 8 passenger seating option is nice and the seats are easy to adjust and/or remove. We are very happy with the van.