Used 2003 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Not Happy at All
By Shuleran

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this van for 28 months. I have had the brakes replaced, the rack and pinion twice, two engine seals, the power window motors, glove box latch, door handles, water pump twice, thermostat twice, coolant hoses, and the sliding door gaskets. You name it. I have had it in the shop almost monthly. I wish that I had never seen this car. And to top it off the car does not hold it's value. I am $8000 upside down on a car that is not reliable at all. I can't even trade it.

The automatic headlights, power sliding door, 8 passenger seating.

MAKE IT RUN!!!!

Rolling right along
By adVenture Family

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great on gas about 25 MPG. about 500 miles on 1 tank. Nicely fits XXL people. VERY easy in-easy out. The auto slide door is heavenly when dealing with children and baby seats. Lots of room. We moved in from a 4- Runner SR5 and a neon. I love how it handles tight like my little nimble Neon but has the higher eye-level. It's got more guts than either of my previous vehicles. It's quiet and has a cushy but sturdy feel to it. The cargo area is useful with the cubby holes. The dual heat/ac blows hard and is effective even for our 120 degree days in the desert as well as those nippy 20 degree mornings. We've changed the fuel filter once due to temp gauge showing hotter than normal. That fixed it.

The radio has auto volume. Side curtain airbags. Full size spare area can hold alloy rim and infalted tire. 2nd row reclines for each individual seat. One control to turn interior lights on/off as well as individually. The driver(mom) has control of all gadgets in the vehicle when they want.

Needs cup holders for second row passengers. Split bench seat option for front. Bigger glovebox. Floating gas gauge is annoying. Sunroof would be nice. The sun visors should have extenders on them.

Great Value
By MicroBeta

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Compared all the minivans and for what we wanted determined the Venture was the best fit. The price was right and the 0% financing was great. It is everything we had hoped for. The power sliding doors are great and backup sensors keeps my wife from bumping into things. The backup sensors actually work better than I had expected. In two years and 30k miles we have not had a single problem. The rear audio controls solve alot of problems with our teenager.

Backup sensors Dual power sliding doors Rear audio controls Rear AC controls

Storage up front near driver. Had to add a console between the seats.

Suits its purpose
By lmstearn

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am in a van because I need to be with 3 year old twins. Going in to it I decided I wanted bare bones only with no fancy extras like power doors, etc. However, this is my second van and there were some must haves like rear air and 8 passenger seating. I've owned the van for 1 year and have been very happy with it. It definitely suits its purpose and I have no major complaints. Overall I am very satisfied with this vehicle.

Built in car seat; Ease of moving/reconfiguring seats; rear seat folding flat; Rear A/C; Great gas mileage;

Between '02 and '03 the vehichle was de- contentized. I miss little things like pockets on the back of the front seats; I like the option of power 2nd row windows that open on other vans (GM does not offer); Putting in the individual seats can be difficult-hard to align

Great to be back in a Chevy
By Kathy I

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second mini van. My first one was a Ford.Before that it was a neon, a stratus and before all of them was a chevy camaro. Nothing but problems with all but the chevy. Moved on to Chevy Venture. The ride is much smoother. Next time around it will be a chevy again. It's great to be back with chevy and only have to take it in for scheduled maintenance only. No repairs. One thing I wish is that I had power sliding doors. Next time!

I like everything about it!!!!!!!

Make them all with power sliding doors.