Used 2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

More than I expected
By shobe

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second minivan. It has plenty of power. I bought because of a back injury and the ease of getting in and out of the vehicle. I used to be a Chrysler man but with the service I get from my local Chevy dealer, I will not switch back. Service is very important to me with all the miles I drive.

Power sliding door, auto lights, set up of the interior

The van does not get the gas mileage that the research says it gets. I average 22mpg and the EPA stated 28 mpg. I bought this vehicle for the mileage. I am disappointed.

Great Family Vehicle
By ckp

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We've had out van for 3 years, and we love it. The dual power sliding doors, DVD entertainment, and 8 passenger seating are awesome. We drove 2006 Toyota and Honda models hoping to upgrade some new features, like the side windows that roll all the way down. There are some nice new toys, but all in all, the ride, comfort, and seating provided by our van can't be beat. We can still fit our family of 5 very comfortably in the van with the rear seat folded flat and loaded down for vacation. We didn't find any other van with seating that compared to the 3 buckets in ours. All the other features are still very similar. Buy a good used Venture, and save your money over the new versions.

The three bucket seats in the middle row - no bench! The DVD entertainment system is awesome as well.

Chevy needs to make our van with roll down windows on the side, improved fuel economy - get highway to 30 MPG and we'd buy another.

A Nice Choice
By Jerome Miranda

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle rides smoothly and quietly. I cannot see paying thousands more for the additional supposed reliability, etc. of either the Toyota or Honda comparable product, although both are also excellent vehicles. My only complaint is with the gas mileage, 25 mpg tops for "highway". Excellent drive in snow and rain. Flexible seating allows for multiple use under varying conditions. No water leaks, no nuisance issues, no performance issues.

Traction control, lighting options, and eight seat (comfortable) seating. Love the auto on/off headlights. Easy to change oil and access engine compartment.

This vehicle rides like a solid, safe SUV and I am not sure the gas mileage could be improved without a compromise that I would not entertain. 28 mpg "highway" seems to be achievable. I'm not sure of the size of the gas tank but 25 gallons would have been nice. Book says 20 but I beleive it is >.

But This Van
By doublell1

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is by for the best van for the year. Just got back from a 3500 mile road trip. Smooth ride on interstate and 2 and 4 lane back roads. Mileage was good at around 25-28 with a full load of people and cargo. Next one will be an '05. Too bad Chevy replaced it with a Uplander!

All the seats come out, rear air, built in car seat

More power, better headlight or an H.I.D upgrade

This Chevy Venture is our last U.S. car
By chris beyer

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car because of a great deal that resulted from being a GM supplier (my company). This 2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner edition is a piece of junk. At 40,000 miles, the rear hatch pneumatic devices that hold it up when loading failed. At 50,000 miles the traction control and cruise control don't work anymore. We wonder what's next. The engine (176 HP six cylinder) accelerates more like a 4 cylinder. The interior build quality is poor throughout. All in all the vehicle is a piece of junk. GM deserves to lose marketshare with products like the Venture.

The Warner bros package features an excellent audio/video system that our children enjoy on long trips.

Wouldnt know where to start but I will try. First, build a quality vehicle that dosent result in short term failure of parts and features (traction control and cruise control). Secondly, put a competitive six cylinder engine with 225+ horsepower.