2003 Chevrolet Venture Value Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2003 Venture Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

Sort Reviews by

Don't buy this one!!
By dissatisfiedinMO

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Although initially you will love the comfort and convenience of the Venture you will end up hating it. We replaced the brakes, bearings and mater computer chip (twice)! Now it is in the shop again because with a cracked cylinder head. Apparently leaking coolant since day we got it. Nothing but problems and Chevy does not care! With 2 small kids I need reliability not just comfort!

Favorite Features

Lots of nice options and features

Suggested Improvements

Too many to name. The overall reliability of the Venture is zero...we are trading!!

Wouldn't change much
By Wenchdawg

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We rented the Venture back in April to take a trip to Hershey, PA for vacation. I fell in love with it! I looked around at other minivans and found Chevy to be the best for what I was looking for.

Favorite Features

The duel power sliding doors are a bonus!! I don't think any other van comes with it. I also LOVE the overhead storage for glasses etc.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe add a few more little cubbies to stick small things. Also, the power seat control should be a little higher.

2003 Venture Warner Bros
By JerryV

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

So far the 2003 Venture has been a very reliable and versatile vehicle. It is comfortable on long trips and the gas mileage is averaging around 21 miles per gal. I have used it for trips to the lumber yard to pick up lumber and materials and with all rears seats folding flat is makes it very easy to load.

Favorite Features

DVD player really helps to entertain the grandkids on long trips and the leather seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

could use a little more horsepower.

cant beat it
By mr.STAGE

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE DRIVEN A LOT OF VANS, BUT THIS VAN HAS OUTDONE THEM ALL,

Favorite Features

SPORT STYLE INTERIOR

Suggested Improvements

COULD GO TO A 4.3LTR. ENG

Great van
By copo

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van drives like a car. Out of the other vans I drove this van gives more bang for the buck. It has good power,yet good gas mileage. I got the Warner Brother package for only $22,400.

Seating for 8
By novemberme

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have the WB edition. We have seating for 8. It's a solid vehicle. I am not blown away by it but I am not disappointed in it either. The third seat will fit three mid-sized kids. Don't bother putting a car seat back there if you need all the seating positions - it will take up two. The middle seating position in both rows only has a lap belt. It is also difficult to get the outer seats in the second row to pop forward to enter the back row. On the positive side, the van has great pickup - it doesn't lag even with the A/C. Cargo is good. Seating is confortable and the ride is smooth. Dual power doors are a nice bonus too.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the on-star integrated phone. Very handy and safe. I like the lift-up cargo in the back as well.

Suggested Improvements

Third seat should fold flat. PLEASE redesign the rear door - I really hurt my head on that corner and it's almost happened to three other people when closing the door. VERY poor design there.

1st vann owned lt fwd
By 1walt

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is the first vann i have owned. i like driving it. with leather seats, it is easy getting in & out. we also like the heated seats and sitting up higher which provides better vision. 1walt

Favorite Features

heated seats, on star, 7 passenger seats gas milage,side air bags,better vision entertainment center

Suggested Improvements

automatic opener & closer on rear door

Love this van
By jcpmn

The whole family loves this van! I originally decided on the Venture to use my GMCard dollars - I paid less than 22K. We had a 98 Venture that we were very satisfied with. I was happy that they had made several improvements - 2nd row lights, seat reclining is easier, cupholders are much better now. It seems minor, but I also like that the accessories stay on when you turn off the ignition until you open the door. We ended up with the towing pkg and DVD, which is great - the air compressor is really handy, DVD keeps the kids occupied. I've had no problems with it so far, but I haven't had it very long. I'll check back in in a couple years.

Favorite Features

DVD, compressor, radio is easy to use

Suggested Improvements

glove compartment door feels very cheap

love it -great price
By Jan & Kathy

Still getting acquainted with the long list of features. Wonderful ride, great sound system, very quiet inside. No kids...got it for the convenience and for traveling, and couldn't be more pleased so far. Dealership (Feldman/Novi) made buying a really positive experience.

Favorite Features

6 CD & DVD, 2 power doors, dash layout, comfort, v.good performance, uses the same filters (air/oil) as the Impala we traded in.

Suggested Improvements

Make a between-the-seats bin and tach standard.

Venture LS is Great!
By kellyhawkmark

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We replaced a 1998 Ford Windstar with a 2003 Chevy Venture and we couldn't be more pleased. Venture has lots of room for people because it seats 8 instead of 7. It's got less horsepower than Windstar, but it still seems to have the same amount of get-up-and-go. The features that come with the LS make the Venture a great value for the money. If you are in the market for a used vehicle, you can easily get into a Venture with alot of extras for less than you can get into an older Ford Windstar. Venture is comfortable, easy to drive, has a smooth ride and still has room for all of your stuff.

Favorite Features

This Venture LS has a CD player, a power sliding passenger door, power driver's seat, power windows/door locks, keyless remote entry, a rear cargo organizer, an integrated child safety restraint system and seats 8. It has some great features.