2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Practical, lots of nice features
By CPHV on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We traded down - or up? - from a 94 Suburban. The Venture has AWD, not 4WD, and gets 12 mpg better. The DVD, wireless headphones are great for our 5-year-old on long trips. There's lots of room for people and their stuff. We had to have a AWD sensor replaced but a year and a half later, we are as pleased with the Venture as when we bought it.

I love my van!
By Caroline9971 on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van has more than enough room for all. The seating is changable enough to handle my crazy shopping (food sometimes and lumber other times). Great to drive and looks good too. A class act for someone who doesn't want to be a mini-van mommy but has to be.

2003 "Silver Star"
By Janet L. Kraus on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My van is "trailer towing" equipped and I've found its performance to be exceptional. Highway mileage without my boat is 23+ mpg; with my boat it's 21+ mpg. It's tops for comfort, reliability and just plain fun to drive.

Better than our Grand Voyager
By Steve Buckwalter on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Ride and handling blow our previous van away. The power sliding door is a nice feature, and I also really like the way the radio stays on even after you turn off the ignition and remove the key (it stays on for up to 10 min or until you open the door). The seating for 8 configuration also allows us more options for carrying passengers and cargo at the same time with our 3 kids in car seats.

Better than expected
By homerkc on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van for my wife, expecting a good vehicle. It's a great van - a nice surprise. It is comfortable, roomy, not too wide on the outside (easy to park!), and economical - for a van. My wife loves it, and I enjoy driving it, too. My only concern is the longer term problem with intake manifold leaks. Is it fixed on the 2004? Time will tell. Still, we're happy with it. It 's a great value.

DON'T WANT ANOTHER ONE
By BUD on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

POOR HANDLING QUALITIES ON THE ROAD. THIS IS MY SECOND VENTURE, HAD SAME PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS ON THE 2001. ALOT OF ACCESORIES THAT WERE STANDARD ON THE 2001 ARE MISSING ON THE 2003. AMAGINE A 30000.OO AUTO AND NO GLOVE COMPARTMENT LITE. MILEAGE ON THE VAN IS WAY BELOW EXPECTATIONS.

Chevy Venture
By G M on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe wqhat a great car this is...Hard to believe it's a Chevy! Tip of the hat to General Motors.

not too bad
By rob jones on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for 3 months now and so far I like it. My kids complain that there are no arm rest on the middle row seats, but other than that, it seems to be a nice van. I did have a key go bad on me on the second day I had it. I was lucky enough to have a spare. The car won't start if it doesn't like the key. I had a Pontiac Transport before this one which had steering wheel controls for the radio. I miss that in this one. I hope to get at least 100,000 miles out of this before I have any major problems....I hope.

mixed feelings
By volson71 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van 2 1/2 weeks before making a 2000 mile trip; 3 days after purchasing, had a problem with the fuel injector, which ended up needing to be replaced. On our trip, the driver side sun visor fell out and needed to be replaced when we returned. Fairly comfortable in the back seats (we have the captain's chairs in the middle row), especially with the leather interior. Not crazy about the way it handles, feels like you're tipping when going around corners. Ride is not very smooth, especially going up hills. Brakes seem rough, especially in icy conditions. Handles well on snow, however.

1st time minivanner and joyed about it
By amos jamos on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought our venture because a 3rd youngster is on the way. Extremely pleased with the venture that bested out the caravan and the odyssey. The cornering stability is suprising and the engine, while conservative, is enough to power the luxurious cabin. This may be my first car I can sleep in while traveling. Only complaint is the gas mileage, UGH! Kudos Chevy (from a Ford man)!