2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Excellence performance for 110000 miles
By AlwaysChevy on 08/14/09 07:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new. Liked the 8 seats. Computer shows average gas mileage as 25 mph. Reliable performance for all these years. I strongly recommend a Chevrolet minivan if you want a good vehicle for carrying 8 people for long distances.

Don't Buy It.
By Canadian Owner on 05/18/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it brand new in 2003. Regret the purchase. Resale value is poor. Coolant is leaking from manifold intake. Transmission problems. Air conditioning not working. Junk! No Wonder that gm is in trouble.

Discontinued for good reason.
By Iversjohnson on 04/23/09 13:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Year one - transmission rebuild, brakes gone at 22000, interior lighting failing, engine overheating in summer. Year two - additional interior lighting failure, power door locks no longer function, lift gate strap pulls off, arm rests come loose on driver door and front passenger door, engine still overheating after several repairs. Year three - down to two or three dash lights no center console lights left, engine still overheating after additional repairs, transmission shifting hard and clunking (dealer replacement in year one). Year four plus - barely driveable despite regular maintenance and numerous dealer repairs.

Never Again
By Never again on 01/12/09 15:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Started with electrical problems early on, door latch mech. fixed 2 times, wanted me to pay for the 3rd. Then replacement of a failed lower intake manifold gasket - read dex-cool - $700.00. Now service engine soon light flashing - helacoile rocker stu. & hardware $239. on 1/2007. Same thing on 11/2007 - $239...and my favorite 1/12/2009 - 6 failed, will fix for $2,500. Worst car experience I've ever had..$3,100. for a dealer trade-in - I can't even do that, not worth fixing. Thinking of painting it yellow and parking it in front of the dealership.

Great Purchase as a used car
By djustice on 10/01/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Entertainer Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th mini-van. Three Plymouth Voyagers were huge headaches. Purchased this vehicle used, new vans are out until the last of three daughters are out of college. The van is very comfortable with 8 passenger seating. The second row middle seat can be folded down to reveal cupholders and doubles as an armrest. Storage is great. Handles well and is very nice to drive. Our grandchildren love the DVD player. Great on vacations. About 24 MPG highway, loaded with people and luggage. At about 65,000 miles it required a transmission overhaul but was covered by my extended warranty. Have had some problems with drivers side power window. Overall we love this vehicle. Great buy as a used car.

My Last GM Product
By soind on 05/08/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Warner Bros. Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van started falling apart at about 50000 miles. Door handles breaking, DVD player quit working, backup sensors quit working, seat side plastic plate broke to name a few. It now has 105,000 miles on it and I took it to the dealer with a list of things I would like to have repaired and asked them to give the van a good once over for problems. The total came up to roughly $5,000. The good ol' manifold gakset needed replaced, new shocks and struts, new brakes and rotors, a new computer, new plugs and wires and they wanted $183 dollars to fix the cheap plastic seat side plate. I'm going to have the stuff repaired, but not by those crooks. My 1997 Nissan Quest has 206,000 miles. Hmmm.

Good Vehicle
By NCMom on 01/20/08 20:17 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new because I got a great deal. It's a little cheesy (needs extended visors, pockets on back of front seat, road noise a little high, fit and finish not very well done), but I find it comfortable, easy to drive, and thus far, extremely reliable.

2003 Venture LT
By Dave on 11/17/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Costly! Put in a new transmission, new radiator. Not a happy camper.

Wish they still made them
By John Beisner on 05/24/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Value Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is our second Venture and they have both performed beautifully. The only thing we don't like relate to the size of the seats - they are too long and the seats cut into the back of the knees, especially on long trips. We consistently get 26-28 mpg on the road. The Venture handles mountains with ease and neither venture has required anything other than normal maintenance. I'm disappointed that Chevy stopped producing them as we are in the market for a new one (we realize that the "Plain Jane" model we now have would be more enjoyable with power items and sunroof, etc). We'll probably purchase a Cobalt now as we have moved to a different stage of our life. We have always loved the styling.

Like a rock
By mouse on 04/25/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT AWD 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Ventura van is a comfortable riding van. I have owned one of the past 3 years and have enjoyed it. Changes to the interior such as reinforced brackets on driver seat controls(electeric front seat) made of plastic, use metal, mine has broken twice. The lever on the driver side seat has stripped and the glove box handle should be made of metal. Blinker bulbs are very hard to change. Standard radio in all vans should be CD player. Next model make the arm rest wider and about 2in higher. Swivel head rest and deeper cushion in seats. Round swivel air vents would be prefered to square flat. Swivel lights in top of van for map reading. Child car seats in all back seats or option upon buying.