Used 2003 Chevrolet Venture Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Venture - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Venture

View reviews for a specific Venture model:

DON'T WANT ANOTHER ONE
By BUD

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

POOR HANDLING QUALITIES ON THE ROAD. THIS IS MY SECOND VENTURE, HAD SAME PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS ON THE 2001. ALOT OF ACCESORIES THAT WERE STANDARD ON THE 2001 ARE MISSING ON THE 2003. AMAGINE A 30000.OO AUTO AND NO GLOVE COMPARTMENT LITE. MILEAGE ON THE VAN IS WAY BELOW EXPECTATIONS.

Suggested Improvements

TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION.

Chevy Venture
By G M

2003 Chevrolet Venture Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe wqhat a great car this is...Hard to believe it's a Chevy! Tip of the hat to General Motors.

Favorite Features

The ride, the power are great

not too bad
By rob jones

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my van for 3 months now and so far I like it. My kids complain that there are no arm rest on the middle row seats, but other than that, it seems to be a nice van. I did have a key go bad on me on the second day I had it. I was lucky enough to have a spare. The car won't start if it doesn't like the key. I had a Pontiac Transport before this one which had steering wheel controls for the radio. I miss that in this one. I hope to get at least 100,000 miles out of this before I have any major problems....I hope.

Favorite Features

nice ride. decent power, although its much less than honda and toyota.

Suggested Improvements

floating gas gage. It can float as much as a quarter tank! Arm rest on middle row seats. Full size spare tire. Steering wheel controls for stereo.

mixed feelings
By volson71

2003 Chevrolet Venture LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van 2 1/2 weeks before making a 2000 mile trip; 3 days after purchasing, had a problem with the fuel injector, which ended up needing to be replaced. On our trip, the driver side sun visor fell out and needed to be replaced when we returned. Fairly comfortable in the back seats (we have the captain's chairs in the middle row), especially with the leather interior. Not crazy about the way it handles, feels like you're tipping when going around corners. Ride is not very smooth, especially going up hills. Brakes seem rough, especially in icy conditions. Handles well on snow, however.

Favorite Features

All the extra's; trip computer, steering wheel audio controls, auto leveler, rear audio and comfort controls, ease of putting up seats in back row to make more cargo space, dual sliding doors with driver controls near console.

Suggested Improvements

Improve handling and interior comfort; the front seats don't even have lumbar support anymore, which is incredibly uncomfortable on long drives.

1st time minivanner and joyed about it
By amos jamos

2003 Chevrolet Venture LS Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought our venture because a 3rd youngster is on the way. Extremely pleased with the venture that bested out the caravan and the odyssey. The cornering stability is suprising and the engine, while conservative, is enough to power the luxurious cabin. This may be my first car I can sleep in while traveling. Only complaint is the gas mileage, UGH! Kudos Chevy (from a Ford man)!

Favorite Features

power sliding door, great sounding stereo, and the flexibilty of the rear seating options.

Suggested Improvements

My Mustang GT with over 250hp/300ft-lbs gets 3-5 mpg better and the looks could be improved with a subtle slope on the rear window and a spoiler-like lip rather than the plain shoe box rear-end.