2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Nomerous complaints about taillights
By kewldude_001 on 01/05/12 15:37 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my van for 6 months. Purchased from a family member. Having a few problems, i thought I would look up some info and found the many complaints about the taillights. I found I had the same issue. With burning taillights out and turning signal (driver side) To help people who might have this problem try this. At night turn lights on and hit the brake pedal. Look for you turn signal lights on you dash to glow slightly. If so the plastic around the connector melted and is allowing current to travel down brake light and turn light and vise versa. If you have some knowledge, take you brake light fixture out and look at your plug. If you see the signs of melting that is your problem!

Expensive to own
By gunner29 on 07/09/11 11:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this van for over 4 years and are finally selling it. It is reliable as far as driving is concerned but expensive to own. The rear brake lights are always burning out. We have also had to replace the windshield wiper motor twice, the ball joints, the rear shocks and springs, and now the rear load leveler is broken. It is also starting to rust out all along the bottom. The gas mileage is okay if you do a lot of highway driving. Use synthetic oil for oil changes. We have put on over 130,000 kilometers since we have bought this vehicle (90% highway) and this van has not broke down once while driving. We do most of our driving with the van loaded with family gear.

Functional, But Boring
By Papi on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van with low miles and the dealership was willing to do anything to get us into this van. We had zero problems except for the seat trim falling off, headlights full of water, and a loose windshield seal, until about 70K miles. Then the wheel bearings went, the transmission started shifting erratically, and the headlights were completely opaque. Sometimes the radio won't shut off, and the electric door is wonky. Windshield washer tank leaks. Have replaced 12 bulbs in 4 months and the light sockets were melted! Brake lights come and go. Acceleration is measured with a calendar.

Dependable, Comfortable - I like
By Bob on 05/29/10 10:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 3 years old and is now 4 years later and I am very pleased over all with this Chevy. Had to replace the manifold gaskets, but no problem since. No other major problems. Minors: wheel bearing, spark plugs, cat converter, tires - nothing major. Now at 104,000 mi, I plan on keeping it. Have recommended to family members since resale is low. Great mini-van!

Decent Car
By ZeusCharles on 02/17/10 18:11 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Now has 112,000 miles on it. Only major repair was the manifold gasket, but GM covered this. Outside of normal maintenance, no other issues. Steady performer and still idles as smooth as when bought. I expect to run this to 200,000 miles.

2003 Venture LT
By Dave on 11/17/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Costly! Put in a new transmission, new radiator. Not a happy camper.

mixed feelings
By volson71 on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the van 2 1/2 weeks before making a 2000 mile trip; 3 days after purchasing, had a problem with the fuel injector, which ended up needing to be replaced. On our trip, the driver side sun visor fell out and needed to be replaced when we returned. Fairly comfortable in the back seats (we have the captain's chairs in the middle row), especially with the leather interior. Not crazy about the way it handles, feels like you're tipping when going around corners. Ride is not very smooth, especially going up hills. Brakes seem rough, especially in icy conditions. Handles well on snow, however.

i love my van
By eldockside on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

THE CHEVY VENTURES ARE BUILT AT THE GENERAL MOTORS, DORAVILLE PLANT IN DORAVILLE, GA.I HAVE SEEN THEM BEING BUILT AND I KNOW PEOPLE WHO BUILT THEM, THEY ARE HARD WORKING AMERICANS AND I WILL SUPPORT THEM BY BUYING AMERICAN, AND I CAN SAY I LOVE MY TRUCK, I STAND FIRM WITH THE PEOPLE WHO BUILD THEM, MY MONEY WILL STAY IN THIS COUNTRY, I WILL NOT BUY FROM OVERSEAS, THE FOLKS I KNOW AT DORAVILLE HAVE CHILDREN AND I WILL SUPPORT THEM,I HAVE FOUND NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH MY VAN, IT IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE, HAPPY MOTORING

My dog van
By caninetrainer on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my '99 Venture LS for the 03 LT. The cab space seems smaller and I miss the lumbar support. I do not like the universal front seat adjustments. I also do not like the digital odometer. It is hard for me to read. I also do not like the audio controls on the steering wheel. I do like the way it drives and handles the road. However, I wish the rear seat would fold like the Honda Odyssey. Also I think the automatic sliding door is on the wrong side. And why could they not put splash guards on this expensive vehicle? Also I have a hard time with closing the hood. It takes several tries.

My First Venture
By LIGram on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Ext Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Changing from a SUV was a bit of a challange but from the start, this vehicle was easy to enter, easy to operate and has plenty of room to take the entire family with us. One must for us is a vehicle that we can take out of state family members on tours of New York City and Ocean villages. Both are easily accomplished with our Venture. I love to shop and with the 3rd seats down can get about any furniture inside.