2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Venture model:
Reliable Van, Some Mechanical Probelms
By akk050708 on 02/05/14 04:55 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my van in 2010 with 100,000 miles on it already. Here it is Feb.2014 and I have put almost 71,000 miles on it. When I bought it, it had a transmission slipping problem. I drive it daily with this problem & as long as you don't gun it at a dead stop, & give it time to shift from reverse to drive it doesn't slip. But does have tranny issues. I have also had my ABS go out at about 140,000 miles. I still can drive it daily & has never failed me even with those issues. I have had some break repairs done, but other than that it's been regular routine maintenance. I would buy this van again if they had newer models. It's been extremely reliable, never stranded me & my family.

comfy with extras, but serious flaws
By busdriverjosh on 05/27/11 18:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this used and had a transmission solenoid go out in two months. Soon after the ABS and AWD started to quit. You can turn the ignition off to reset it but it's still a pain. Also, the wipers have a design flaw that allows the area to fill with snow and ice so the spring breaks if it's not cleaned out before use. We like it and it has a lot of room and great features, but it's just not reliable.

A Nice Choice
By Jerome Miranda on 01/03/06 17:37 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle rides smoothly and quietly. I cannot see paying thousands more for the additional supposed reliability, etc. of either the Toyota or Honda comparable product, although both are also excellent vehicles. My only complaint is with the gas mileage, 25 mpg tops for "highway". Excellent drive in snow and rain. Flexible seating allows for multiple use under varying conditions. No water leaks, no nuisance issues, no performance issues.

But This Van
By doublell1 on 01/01/06 12:35 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van is by for the best van for the year. Just got back from a 3500 mile road trip. Smooth ride on interstate and 2 and 4 lane back roads. Mileage was good at around 25-28 with a full load of people and cargo. Next one will be an '05. Too bad Chevy replaced it with a Uplander!

I love my van!
By Caroline9971 on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This van has more than enough room for all. The seating is changable enough to handle my crazy shopping (food sometimes and lumber other times). Great to drive and looks good too. A class act for someone who doesn't want to be a mini-van mommy but has to be.

2003 "Silver Star"
By Janet L. Kraus on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My van is "trailer towing" equipped and I've found its performance to be exceptional. Highway mileage without my boat is 23+ mpg; with my boat it's 21+ mpg. It's tops for comfort, reliability and just plain fun to drive.

Venture LS is Great!
By kellyhawkmark on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We replaced a 1998 Ford Windstar with a 2003 Chevy Venture and we couldn't be more pleased. Venture has lots of room for people because it seats 8 instead of 7. It's got less horsepower than Windstar, but it still seems to have the same amount of get-up-and-go. The features that come with the LS make the Venture a great value for the money. If you are in the market for a used vehicle, you can easily get into a Venture with alot of extras for less than you can get into an older Ford Windstar. Venture is comfortable, easy to drive, has a smooth ride and still has room for all of your stuff.

Great for kids or drywall
By brushrrunabout on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great for hauling kids or drywall. Will fit anything. Heated seat great and can fly by SUVs in the snow. Great milage for the size also. The DVD is great for long trips

Why I own a Venture
By Barbara Hoekstra on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 1998 LS Chev Venture. I love it. The mileage is excellent and it is a joy to drive. Driving on long trips is a pleasure. I would buy another one in a few years if I decide to sell it.

New veh review
By Billk on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Venture Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle gets around very easily and is responsive to driver inputs.The acceleration is quite adequate for a vehicle of this size.Having driven a Windstar with a larger engine during my evaluation process, I find the smaller engine very adequate and the fuel economy offers a savings in fuel costs.